Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

argondamn posted:

I'd like to see something like this at a marathon, just for the novelty of beating the game with Aeris in the party. Google doc link is broken by the way.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yL_ZKDOT7gXQEOaLLR7LY6-sSapQp-77-i_myLIp2VI

Fixed the link. Just had an extra period at the end of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

What is Home% and Rave%?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Is there a list of what's being proposed, or is it only known when it's accepted/rejected/whatever?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Violently Car posted:

Cutting FFT is a pretty bad choice.

gently caress. That was the one I was hoping would get in.

Might be a bonus stream thing, though, since Claude did get in with DKC2.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Thread's gone crazy in support of FFT, I have a feeling it will probably make it in.

Where is the thread? I assume it's not this one.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

The insider summary is that the arranger didn't want to come clean about embezzlement or present any bank drafts (I've seen the numbers, he can get nailed with jailtime) and then he changed his mind 120% about what he wanted to do with ESA and took passwords, accounts, money, equipment and ran off with four others with everything ESA.

Which is another 120% change of mind of his and I've spoken to him a bunch, to have it completely independent from Ludendi. All after he started getting questions and asked to present the papers so the math that didn't work out could be checked out.

Which person is the arranger again?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

drat. What does No-Slots mean? As a kid it took me I think 10 hours to get out of Midgar :frogbon:

edit: no-slots as in no cait sith limits?

Correct, since cait sith limit can oneshot everything.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Tracula posted:

Is it just me or are there a lot of audio glitches and pops during the entire run? It's genuinely somewhat uncomfortable to listen to.

It's not just you. It's an emulator bug from the emulator that he's using.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, he had to use the powerup incrementer glitch so that it would spawn a yoshi inside the castle, so he could do the timeout glitch. He has to do it 3 times since he's got 2 castles and a ghost house to go through.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

axelsoar posted:

Who was that crazy guy from Psych's SMB LP thread that went through without dying, that poo poo was intense.

It was Wugga.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Smashed the previous WR tie by eight seconds and utterly loving destroyed my PB by twenty two loving seconds to pull this off after returning to the game seriously for the first time in like a year. Christ I'm happy about this return to the game. This run pushes the game within 50 seconds of the TAS, which is bonkers.

Grats! Does the 50 seconds within TAS count TAS timing vs RTA timing?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

thorsilver posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of this. TIE Fighter is one of the best PC games of all time IMO and now that it's on GOG maybe you can spark up a scene and get people playing! loving go for it IMO and post here when you're stream's up.

What's GOG? TIE Fighter was freaking amazing and I'd love to play it again.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Kikas posted:

Yeah.

Is Bonesaw running anything on SGDQ?

I think he's still banned from submitting runs for this SGDQ. Next AGDQ he should be okay though.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

SeXReX posted:

Shirase no hold is going to top it but you need to get that met.

That's the mode where it starts on 20g (1frame to fall the full distance of the well) and does that crazy stuff over 1k points..

Has Kevin been practicing Shirase recently? I thought the two times they tried to show off Shirase even with hold pieces, they failed at the 1200-1300 stretch.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"Hey guys, long time donator, second time donator. It gives me great joy to kill to a great cause. Greetings from Germany. PS: view the animal, donate the animal."

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

What kind of TASs did you want? The playarounds like International Superstar soccer deluxe and Family Feud, glitchy ACE runs like Super Mario World, or something like 1 key Super Mario 64, or even less glitches and just a superplay sort of run?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Yoshi's Island 100% should be on the list, because of how many crazy precise egg shots they have in there, along with movement tech. That or something like the Rockman and Forte 100 CDs run, where it slowly ramps up from "no glitches" to "light wallclips" to "oh god walls don't exist at all ever".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe one of the Mortal Kombat games, since everyone knows what's supposed to happen (it's a fighter, you beat up the other guy), and it alternates between glitching graphics and utterly humiliating the CPU with perfect victories.

• Locked thread