Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
Well the value in TASs is doing whatever the hell you want and having fun with it. Some people derive legitimate research out of it that helps them run games quicker, some people recreate Pong and Snake in super mario world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Kennel posted:

Surprisingly entertaining Bomberman TAS
http://tasvideos.org/2615M.html

While that is indeed pretty rad, I decided to check it out on youtube... and now I'm torn as to which is sillier: the fact that Youtube does 2160p resolution in the first place, or that someone actually took advantage of that for *this game*...

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Leonid posted:

I've had more gay sex than you, idiot

Doesn't make your post not homophobic (also: you don't know that for a fact).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'm looking for a GDQ run for a game I totally forgot the name of. It was a 2.5D shooter, which had the quirk that the player character moved *crazy fast*. I think it had some cyberpunk theme, and there was a virtual reality bit. The game was also buggy and bad. Any ideas?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

Tekwar. AdamAK ran it for AGDQ 2015.

Many thanks good Sir!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I think most aspects you mentioned are because the early Sonic games did it and devs are like "why would we change it when we're very explicitly going for nostalgia". I never played a Sonic game other than S3&K and the tails movement I saw in your clips felt identical to what I know.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
When it does show up and you find it, please make sure to post it because I'd be interested in exactly that to understand all this rando stuff.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
138 people had 53 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

AF posted:

Woulda asked this in the AGDQ thread but I got to it too late; could I get some recommendations for some good, non-meme / awkward nerd humor runs from this year's AGDQ? I think my gold standard is this run by kz_frew from last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTmrQHGVCC8

this is kind of unfair since he is ridiculously good at balancing insightful commentary and humor that doesn't rely on lovely internet catchphrases (for nearly an hour with almost no dead air!) and his couch isn't spewing HAHA, 10/10, GOTY, AMIRITE every other line

I just wanna watch videos of chill dudes (or gals) playing a game fast and having fun without forcing it. Oh, the run with that older foreign dude who did Secret of Mana at like 4am in the morning one time was good too. Just something along these lines. Thanks

It may not be the flashiest run, but Rayman is a chill speedgame with chill people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=750&v=RGMXErBZFHs

• Locked thread