Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

There wasn't any sound, he kept messing up, no one was talking to him so it was just him in silence providing solo commentary while embarrassing himself in front of 4000 people :smith:

edit: the kid doin the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

E-Tap posted:

I love the art for these each week.

I can't remember what the view count was during agdq, but I think 2400 or 2600 viewers at the start of this is a record high viewer count.
AGDQ peaked out around 45-50k viewers iirc.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Good lord, these days pony fans have gotten legitimately less annoying than anti-pony fans whose mission it is to inform everyone just how much they hate ponies and how anti-brony they are. Even if it was cutesy fanart of one of a main pony charactes, who the gently caress cares. There's another 4/5 of the screen to look at. Just cover it up with a NotePad window or something if a cartoon animal upsets you so much.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The funniest complaint from that idiot who ran Binding of Isaac at AGDQ was about the computer they gave him to play it on being too fast and he was used to his lovely computer slowing down to bullet-time and letting him dodge poo poo when stuff gets crazy leading to :qq: the game performs the way it's meant to!!

Who complains about that out loud not realizing how much of a bitch it makes him look like?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can someone post a VOD link to that SOTC WR when it's up? I missed the sotc run at agdq but heard it was bad so I skipped it. Very interested to see the game speedrun for the first time.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I hope he gets enough donations for a new wheelchair.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I know "No OoB" is out of bounds, but what's No S&Q?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thanks guys, I actually figured out what it meant a minute after I posted that and felt like an idiot :doh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

GOD drat that was amazing, she almost loving ring-out'ed on Ganon. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. This runner is amazing.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

edit: ^^^ show feet bb

CVagts posted:

Streamed for five hours, broke the world record twice, had a chat so atrocious that she never wants to stream again. Twitch is the best and the worst.
?

She said she was just gonna catch some sleep, plugged another dude's twitch channel and thanked everyone for watching unless I missed something (I wasn't watching the whole chat, just scrolled up when she went offline).

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is anyone's chat moderated well enough to be tolerable but not over-policed? I used to read twitch chat a little bit until about halfway through AGDQ13 when my brain just started tuning it out completely.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tbh I have no idea how people without jobs/school/kids keep normal sleep schedules. I never could when I was unemployed and my poo poo would slowly flip 12 hours every couple of weeks. It was awful and I don't miss it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Zlocista posted:

I've been watching some OoT and Wind Waker runs recently, is there any reason why they run the Japanese versions of the games?

To add to what everyone else has already said, I believe during AGDQ2013 someone said the difference in just dialogue speed from English to Japanese Wind Waker is over 15 minutes :stare:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crooz posted:

Well do I have a deal for you: Due to the tax laws in my country, I need to hide $100k with you. If you wire me $1k now so I know you're legit, I'll wire back the $100k and we can just split it in half later. I'm a Nigerian prince btw. TIA

Even though that is not even remotely what is happening whatsoever. Do you know what PayPal is?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

drat, relax. It's not even been a full day since this derail started and I do not think 5 WRs were broken in the last 18 hours.

This is just the hot gossip about the community for the moment and it'll cool off before you know it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

That's about as good a resolution as one could expect, though Horror "taking a step back from the public" or whatever sounds like he is basically keeping his job but has been asked not to use chat/post.

Sounds like the best possible outcome without vengefully loving up someone's life for real. We did it everyone :tipshat:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can we please have a courtesy rule in here that if you post that somebody is streaming you link to it + say what game they're streaming?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Maybe it's just a delay so if you say bad things about the admins or a streamer accidentally shows so titty the twitch police are able to dump several seconds your video.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Fawf posted:

Is it wrong that I preferred Doctors Without Borders over Prevent Cancer as the charity just because it cut down on the overlong "my grandma is dead" donation shoutouts?

Those people pained enough by disease to donate their own money hoping to help friends, family and strangers alike not wither away painfully and slowly piss me off and I'd prefer they keep their stupid mouths shut so I can watch video games
:goonsay:

Yes, you're a loving rear end in a top hat.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Gamma Nerd posted:

Honestly I do see how people could be annoyed by long donation comments - that's why I really think donations should be in a live scrolling sidebar. Having the announcer constantly jump in (and knowing that most of the time it'll be another "keep up the awesome work!" comment) messes with the runners' commentary a ton, and the commentary is one of the main reasons I watch the marathon to begin with (aside from donating, of course :v:)

A big motivator people have to donate is the short-term satisfaction of having their donation read aloud. I wouldn't be surprised if donations dropped off significantly if it did one day get reduced to a scroller. Runners can call for "serious time" any time the want anyway (unless you're BlueGlass) so who cares.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

money for the
Cancer Foundation

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Didn't someone do something like that on Pi day also with SMB?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

No news here or anything but I watched UA's agdq13 reels over the weekend to get hyped for AGDQ14 and thought I'd share since now is the time to watch them if you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC_7-j5p0Es
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsiJyeNQAc

Also I was just searching random speedrun poo poo and had this little tee hee moment

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Feel free to make fun of me, it's fine, but what do people do with perlers? Slap them on walls for decoration? Mousepads? Do they stick to cars? I didn't know these existed till last year :frogbon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lynx Winters posted:

you mean 5 minutes 39 seconds or 5 hours 39 minutes?

I was wondering myself, looks like 5 hours 39min is where the dude solves it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYmqJl4MoNI

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Brett824 posted:

If by better you mean "less humorously", than yes.

This still isn't a speedrun though. This is basically the new Salty Bet, can you just take discussing it to that thread?

drat dude, relax. Could you really not stomach literally 8 posts made in the middle of the night before demanding they take their fun out of the thread? Twitch.tv stuff is always going to come up in this thread because of how embedded it and its community are with speedrunning.

Though with a community like this it's only a matter of time before internet-hivemind becomes its own speedrun category :frogbon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Wow, that makes me want to give the game another shot. I lost interest in it very early into the game as soon as I noticed the swinging wasn't built around momentum and reset you to a predefined max speed on every swing.

That might sound like a really strange complaint but once I realized I couldn't go nearly as fast as I should have been able to it didn't feel as fun anymore :smith:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What's got you so jazzed about SGDQ14 to know it will surpass AGDQ14?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Just got caught up on the SGDQ14 thread and thought I'd share this. I may never close this tab:

http://gifsound.com/?gif=abload.de/img/wop4rjj4m.gif&v=vb2Oqfj_c70&s=144 [Ribbedkilla.gif]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Let's all observe how quickly that guy just lept at the opportunity to take the moral high ground against jokes and change the subject at 4am when Stiv hasn't been mentioned in like 6+ pages other than those 5 posts within 30 minutes of each other. Such courage!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If it helps, I encourage you guys to look at the window the video games are being played in instead of the one with the man that gives you confusing and shameful feelings.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This isn't directly related to speedruns or the sexual proclivities of speedrunners some of you are obsessed with but for anyone that cares, the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth team announced this week that the game is going to have world seeds! I hope this means many more BoI appearances and races in GDQs and far less RaneCrack!

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/93169913069/the-birth-of-rebirth

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mithaldu posted:

I can't tell whether any of this is based on real things that person did, or goons are just really good at recalling thinking up psycho behavior.

Seems like a nice guy to me. Talked to him for the first time last week and upon learning we live in the same state (Florida) he offered to give me and my girlfriend a ride into work whenever we want :) works out cause we're due to put the car in the shop next month so I'm thinking of taking him up on that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

So did Google actually acquire Twitch? And if they did, shouldn't that be, like, public knowledge or something?

You can google that, you know

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

huh, so is the video player just forced to be muted or are videos affected to the file level, and would it be possible to download the source file. I mean with how fast this went in action, it seems to be just mute the player

Hey, you're smart! I just dl'd that Zallard video posted and the sound works :)

How long until someone makes a browser addon that circumvents this, I wonder?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ekster posted:

The bans got reversed but he somehow kept his job, IIRC.

Horror did get fired.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Right now Sinister1 is streaming some WR attempts for MTPO and says after that he's going to re-stream his new single segment WR, which is what I'm looking forward to hearing him comment on.

http://www.twitch.tv/sinisterwon

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Falco's been hitting the gym :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can someone link to a PB to it? I've never heard of this and would like to check it out.

• Locked thread