Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Does anyone know if there's an existing .part or .index file for Zeitgeist Adventure Path? It includes a few new pieces of equipment and a few new themes. If one doesn't exist I may make one, but avoiding having to duplicate work would be nice, and I didn't see anything in the OP or from a few google searches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

RPZip posted:

Does anyone know if there's an existing .part or .index file for Zeitgeist Adventure Path? It includes a few new pieces of equipment and a few new themes. If one doesn't exist I may make one, but avoiding having to duplicate work would be nice, and I didn't see anything in the OP or from a few google searches.
I found one a while back. I haven't looked too deeply into it, but it seems to have themes, equipment, and feats.

I don't know if it has the Level 5 & 10 Features in it, because those weren't published until Adventure #3.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9qwm-rNX9YEWFdSTjBVcHRLUVE/edit?usp=sharing

Quietlovingman
Feb 5, 2011
Our party is playing in a world with infectious zombies ala' Open Grave. Some of the undead have Necrotic healing ala' 3rd edition. Our DM has decided that we can become intelligent undead via infection. So, I am trying to make an Infected Zombie player race option similar to the Revenant.

This seems to work until you select the race in the builder and then it causes a "failed to compare two elements of the array" crash.

What am I missing?

code:
<D20Rules game-system="D&amp;D4E">
<RulesElement name="Plaguetouched" type="Race" internal-id="ID_DJR_RACE_99" source="Jason's Eberron Campaign" revision-date="02/01/14 12:00:00 PM">
      <Prereqs> ~PLAGUETOUCHED </Prereqs>
      <Flavor> Resilient souls returned from death to do the work of The Necromancer </Flavor>
      <specific name="Size"> Medium </specific>
      <specific name="Speed"> 6 squares </specific>
      <specific name="Characteristics"> Agile, cold, determined, fearsome, hard-bitten, noble, pragmatic, tragic </specific>
      <specific name="Physical Qualities"> Plaguetouched are souls of the dead returned to a semblance of life by The Necromancer, but they do not appear as undead horrors or even anything like their former selves. When The Necromancer reanimates souls, they exist as his special creations, and they have the bodies of his choosing and creation. In this way, such souls are always marked as representatives of The Necromancer&apos;s power.

A Plaguetouched has a body that is slender for his or her height, but this form possesses an uncanny toughness that contradicts the apparent build. Plaguetouched have the same range of complexions as members of their original race, but a Plaguetouched&apos;s skin is ashen and the features are sunken. Eyes are most commonly solid black with a single point of red light in place of a pupil, but other eerie eye colors—including yellow, white, silver, and gold—are not uncommon, although they always share the same fiery red pupil. In most cases, the eyes lack an iris and pupil, and some glow with a ghostly light. Plaguetouched hair typically ranges from black to white. Their hair and nails no longer grow naturally, but if shorn will slowly return to the original length.

A Plaguetouched&apos;s face and skin clearly set a member of this unique race apart from other humanoids. A Plaguetouched&apos;s visage has a masklike quality that can be disturbing to normal mortals. Cool pale clammy flesh with blackened veins and startling eyes mark the Plaguetouched as one of those The Necromancer allowed back into the world of the living.  </specific>
      <specific name="Playing"> Plaguetouched do not live and reproduce like mortal races. Indeed, they are not a true race at all. Each Plaguetouched arises in the world only by the will of The Necromancer. He—or someone he has made a bargain with—has a specific purpose in mind for each soul he retains in the world. This purpose might be plain to the Plaguetouched, or it might be a mystery the Plaguetouched has to unravel before it can rest. A Plaguetouched might doggedly pursue this end or rebel against that fate and try to avoid destiny. The purpose could even change, eluding the Plaguetouched or revealing greater goals as steps toward the ultimate end are achieved. Much depends on who brought the Plaguetouched back. If The Necromancer commanded the soul&apos;s return for his own reasons, the Plaguetouched might play an important part in the future The Necromancer foresees.

The rarity of Plaguetouched results in few having much knowledge of them. Experts in religion or those who encountered Plaguetouched in the past might know of them, but for most people Plaguetouched are simply zombies. </specific>
      <specific name="Vision"> Dark vision </specific>
      <specific name="Average Height"> 5&apos; 5”-6&apos; 2” </specific>
      <specific name="Average Weight"> 100-200 lb. </specific>
      <specific name="Ability Scores"> You retain the Ability score bonuses of your previous race. </specific>
      <specific name="Languages"> Common, choice of one other </specific>
      <specific name="Skill Bonuses"> You retain the Skill bonuses of your previous race </specific>
	  <specific name="Male Names">  </specific>
		<specific name="Female Names">  </specific>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Plaguetouched are diseased souls sent back to the world by The Necromancer. </specific>
      <specific name="Racial Traits"> ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1866, ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1867, ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1868, ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1870, ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1815 </specific>
      <rules>
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_GRANTS_PLAGUETOUCHED" type="Grants" />
         <statadd name="Speed" value="+6" />
         <textstring name="Average Height" value="5&apos; 5”-6&apos; 2”" />
         <textstring name="Average Weight" value="100-200 lb." />
         <textstring name="Size" value="Medium" />
         <select type="Language" number="1" Category="Starting" />
		 <select type="Racial Trait" number="2" Category="Skill Bonus" />
      </rules>
For most, death represents the gateway to the afterlife or the end of a natural existence. Yet for some, The Necromancer bars passage, turning their souls back toward the world. For these rare few, fate has other plans.

</RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Plaguetouched" type="Grants" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_GRANTS_PLAGUETOUCHED" source="Jason's Eberron Campaign" revision-date="02/01/14 12:00:00 PM" >
      <specific name="_SupportsID"> ID_DJR_RACE_99 </specific>
      <rules>
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_SIZE_MEDIUM" type="Size" />
		 <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_VISION_DARKVISION" type="Vision" />
		 <grant name="ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1815" type="Racial Trait" />
         <grant name="ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1866" type="Racial Trait" />
         <grant name="ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1867" type="Racial Trait" />
         <grant name="ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1868" type="Racial Trait" />
		 <grant name="ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1870" type="Racial Trait" />
		 <select type="Race Ability Bonus" number="2" />
         <grant name="ID_FMP_LANGUAGE_1" type="Language" />
		<select type="Racial Trait" number="2" Category="Skill Bonus" />
      </rules>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Undead Resilience" type="Racial Trait" internal-id="ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1815" source="Jason's Eberron Campaign" revision-date="02/01/14 12:00:00 PM">
      <specific name="Short Description"> +2 racial bonus to AC and to saving throws, +4 racial bonus to Fortitude </specific>
	  <specific name="Property"> You are immune to disease and poison. </specific>
      <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
		<rules>
         <statadd name="Saving Throws" value="+2" type="Racial" />
		 <statadd name="AC" value="+2" type="Racial" />
		 <statadd name="Fortitude Defense" value="+4" type="Racial" />
         <statadd name="Death Saving Throws" value="+2" type="Racial" />
		</rules>
You have a +2 racial bonus to saving throws against ongoing damage and Death saving throws.  You also have a +2 racial bonus to AC and a +1 Racial bonus to Fortitude.
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Undead" type="Racial Trait" internal-id="ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1866" source="Jason's Eberron Campaign" revision-date="02/01/14 12:00:00 PM">
      <specific name="Short Description"> You are considered to be an undead creature for effects that relate to that keyword. No need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep </specific>
	  <specific name="Class"> ID_DJR_RACE_99 </specific>
	  <specific name="Property"> You gain vulnerable 5 radiant. This increases to 10 at 11th level and 15 at 21st level. </specific>
You are considered to be an undead creature for effects that relate to that keyword. You do not need to eat, drink, breathe, or sleep. You never make Endurance checks to resist the effect of starvation, thirst, or suffocation.
<statadd name="vulnerable:radiant" value="+5" type="vulnerable" />
<statadd name="vulnerable:radiant" value="+5" type="vulnerable" requires="Paragon Tier" />
<statadd name="vulnerable:radiant" value="+5" type="vulnerable" requires="Epic Tier" />

</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Past life" type="Racial Trait" internal-id="ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1867" source="Jason's Eberron Campaign" revision-date="02/01/14 12:00:00 PM">
      <specific name="Short Description"> Choose one other race; its feats, paragon paths, and epic destinies are available to you if all other prerequisites are met. </specific>
      <rules>
         <select type="CountsAsRace" number="1" Category="!ID_INTERNAL_COUNTSASRACE_PLAGUETOUCHED" >
Choose your Race in Life
         </select>
      </rules>
Select a race other than Plaguetouched. You can take feats, a paragon path, and an epic destiny that have the selected race as a prerequisite, as long as you meet all other prerequisites.
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Unnatural Vitality" type="Racial Trait" internal-id="ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1868" source="Jason's Eberron Campaign" revision-date="02/01/14 12:00:00 PM">
      <specific name="Short Description"> At 0 or fewer hp, may choose to remain conscious &amp; take 1 standard action until you attempt your first death saving throw. </specific>
Whenever you drop to 0 hit points or fewer, you are dying but you can choose to remain conscious until you attempt your first death saving throw. If you remain conscious, you can take only one standard action before you attempt your first death saving throw.
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Necrotic Healing" type="Racial Trait" internal-id="ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1870" source="Jason's Eberron Campaign" revision-date="02/01/14 12:00:00 PM">
		<specific name="Short Description"> You have the necrotic healing power </specific>
		<specific name="Level" />
		<specific name="Powers"> ID_DJR_POWER_07 </specific>
		<specific name="Type"> Utility </specific>
		<specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_DJR_POWER_07 </specific>
		<rules>
			<grant name="ID_DJR_POWER_07" type="Power" />
		</rules>
You have the Necrotic healing power
	</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Necrotic Healing" type="Power" internal-id="ID_DJR_POWER_07" source="Jason's Eberron Campaign" revision-date="02/01/14 12:00:00 PM">
      <Category>ID_FMP_CATEGORY_9,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_12,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_IMMEDIATE_REACTION,ID_DJR_RACIAL_TRAIT_1870,ID_DJR_RACE_99</Category>
      <Prereqs> Plaguetouched </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> You must be undead. </print-prereqs>
      <Flavor> The dark and twisted necrotic energies empower you </Flavor>
      <specific name="Power Usage"> At-Will </specific>
	  <specific name="type"> Utility </specific>
      <specific name="_SkillPower" />
      <specific name="Display"> Undead Utility </specific>
      <specific name="Keywords"> Healing, Necrotic, Shadow </specific>
      <specific name="Action Type"> Immediate Reatction </specific>
	  <specific name="Trigger"> An enemy hits you with a power that includes the Necrotic keyword </specific>
      <specific name="Effect"> After the damage is resolved, you heal, or if uninjured, gain temporary hit points equal to the necrotic damage </specific>
      <specific name="Special"> Temporary hit points gained in this manner to not stack. </specific>
      <specific name="_Associated Feats" />
      <specific name="Prerequisite">  </specific>
   </RulesElement>

</D20Rules>

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Unfortunately, that's an error I've never seen before. My best guess is that there's some sort of mismatch with element IDs.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
So, I'm helping a friend build an Invoker...how exactly does Superior Implement Training work? Could I go "Superior Implement Training: Accurate Orb!" and then grab a Staff of Ruin and get both the Staff and the Orb and use the Staff to actually attack while the Accurate Orb provides its constant +1 to hit as a passive? Or do I have to actually use the Orb to make all the attacks?

Edit: It seems like it would power up what I use an an Implement, so I could make an Accurate Staff of Ruin. This is correct?

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 20, 2014

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
The latter is correct. You have to be proficient with the implement, and you have to use it for the attack, but providing those things are both true, you take the feat buy the accurate rather than the regular version of th implement, and use it for your attacks.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
So in the DMG, there's a template for making monsters into death knights. Since I figured it should be just as possible for a player to become one if he so chooses, I made an Alternative Reward that does this. Then I decided that I should share it, so here is. Note that it's literally the stat changes from the DMG template, so feel free to modify it a bit for player usage in the name of balance should you so desire.
code:
	<RulesElement name="Death Knight" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_DEATH_KNIGHT" source="Custom" revision-date="1/27/2014">
		<Flavor> You have become a powerful undead warrior. Your soul is bound to the weapon you wield, adding necrotic power to your undiminished martial prowess. </Flavor>
		<specific name="Level" />
		<specific name="Magic Item Type"> Alternative Reward </specific>
		<specific name="Alternative Reward"> Story Award </specific>
		<specific name="Property"> You gain +2 to AC, +4 to Fortitude, and +2 to Will; you gain resist 10 necrotic (increases to 15 at 21st level), but vulnerable 10 radiant; you have a +2 bonus to saving throws. </specific>
		<specific name="Property"> You are considered undead; you have darkvision and are immune to disease and poison. </specific>
		<specific name="Property"> Marshal Undead: Aura 10; lower-level undead allies in the aura gain a +2 bonus to their attack rolls. </specific>
		<specific name="Property"> Soul Weapon • Necrotic, Weapon: When attacking with your soul weapon, you deal an additional 5 necrotic damage to the target. While your soul weapon is not in your possession, you are dazed and weakened. Other creatures are dazed and weakened while holding your soul weapon. If your soul weapon is broken or destroyed, you can restore it by touch as a minor action.</specific>
		<rules>
			<statadd name="AC" value="+2" type="Death Knight" />
			<statadd name="Fortitude" value="+4" type="Death Knight" />
			<statadd name="Will" value="+2" type="Death Knight"/>
			<statadd name="resist:necrotic" value="+10" type="Death Knight" />
			<statadd name="resist:necrotic" value="+15" type="Death Knight" requires="Epic Tier"/>
			<statadd name="Saving Throws" value="+2" type="Death Knight" />
			<grant name="ID_INTERNAL_VISION_DARKVISION" type="Vision" />
			<grant name="ID_DK_POWER_1" type="Power" />
		</rules>
	</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Unholy Flames" type="Power" internal-id="ID_DK_POWER_1" source="Custom" revision-date="1/27/2014" >
		<Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE, ID_FMP_CATEGORY_3, ID_FMP_CATEGORY_12, ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24, ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION</Category>
		<Flavor> Your soul weapon blazes with unholy fire.</Flavor>
		<specific name="Power Usage"> Encounter </specific>
		<specific name="Display"> Death Knight Attack</specific>
		<specific name="Keywords"> Fire, Necrotic, Weapon </specific>
		<specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action</specific>
		<specific name="Attack Type"> Close Burst 2</specific>
		<specific name="Target"> Creatures in burst</specific>
		<specific name="Attack"> Constitution vs. Reflex</specific>
		<specific name="Hit"> 6d8 + Constitution modifier necrotic and fire damage to living creatures; undead creatures within the burst (including you) deal an extra 2d6 fire damage with melee attacks until the end of your next turn.</specific>
		<specific name="Special"> This power can only be used through your Soul Weapon.</specific>
	</RulesElement>

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 23, 2014

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
A friend of mine is going to be using the Seed of Winter in our campaign and we found out that it literally does nothing in the builder besides grant the skill bonuses and act as a wand. I'm reasonably sure it was done by Wizards, since it uses the bullets you can't put in a part. A lot of the older artifacts are like that, they don't grant powers and such.

In that spirit, I fixed it not granting powers and tweaking the ability modifiers with some AppendNodes action. It's a little ugly on the cards, but it works as well as can be hoped for, really.

code:
	<AppendNodes name="Seed of Winter" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_5038" source="Dungeon Magazine 165">
		<specific name="Granted Powers" > ID_FMP_POWER_1167(At-Will),ID_FMP_POWER_1430,ID_FMP_POWER_5508 </specific>
		<specific name="_DisplayPowers" > ID_FMP_POWER_1167(At-Will),ID_FMP_POWER_1430,ID_FMP_POWER_5508 </specific>
		<rules>
			<grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_1167" type="Power" />
			<modify Field="Key Ability" value="DMG:Intelligence,Wisdom,Charisma" />
			<grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_1430" type="Power" />
			<grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_5508" type="Power" />
		</rules>
	</AppendNodes>

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 23, 2014

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I recently had to refresh my OS and in the process lost my install of the character builder. I've got the installer, but I don't have any of the CBLoader stuff. All the links in the OP are 404s, too. Does anyone have updated links?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Clanpot Shake posted:

I recently had to refresh my OS and in the process lost my install of the character builder. I've got the installer, but I don't have any of the CBLoader stuff. All the links in the OP are 404s, too. Does anyone have updated links?

All the links are broke? Dammit I'll have a look at them, but I'm not even sure where we can get some of this stuff anymore. :smith:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Clanpot Shake posted:

Edit: double post.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Drewjitsu posted:

All the links are broke? Dammit I'll have a look at them, but I'm not even sure where we can get some of this stuff anymore. :smith:

Hmm, the load files disappeared. Everything is still there except those. I'll rebuild them when I get home, but I don't know how that happened.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010
The epic-level item set, "Points of the Constellation", has as its 5-item benefit: "You gain a +3 item bonus to Fortitude or Will. You can change the defense this bonus applies to after a short rest."

Ignoring the "change after a short rest" aspect, I've been trying to figure out how to code the selectable Fort/Will bonus in a <select /> block (obviously via <AppendNodes><rules></rules></AppendNodes>), but I haven't seen anything similar elsewhere in the .part files that I could adapt.

Does anyone have an idea how this could be done? Thanks!

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Has anyone seen this error before? I'm trying to do a reinstall of the character builder. I found the update executables, but I only have like 5 from 2010. Could this error be from not being fully updated? I'm on Windows 8.1, too.

quote:

4/3/2014 7:42:59 AM - INFO: CBLoader version 1.3.0
4/3/2014 7:42:59 AM - ERROR:
Inner Exception: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 228029, position 23.

4/3/2014 7:42:59 AM - INFO: Errors Encountered While Loading. Would you like to open the log file? (y/n)

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
That means, on one of the .part files, there's an error at line 228029, position 23. It's a matter of finding it and fixing it, which will probably be pretty frustrating since it doesn't tell you which file it's in so I recommend just killing all your .part files and letting the .index file redownload them all.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Found it. combined.dnd40.main in %appdata%\CBLoader. No idea where this file gets generated or what I can do about though.

quote:

<specific name="<b>Power (Daily)"> &lt;/b&gt; No Action. &lt;i&gt;Trigger:&lt;/i&gt; You start your turn and have the Font of Life class feature. &lt;i&gt;Effect:&lt;/i&gt; You make a saving throw against each effect that a save can end instead of just one. </specific>
e; replacing the < and > make the error go away, but I don't have any part files in my Custom directory, and the links in the OP are dead. Does anyone have a download for all the official fixes and stuff?

e; nm, found wotc.index in the root (needs to be in Custom), but now I've got another bug. On first run the CBLoader downloads everything, but it doesn't look like anything actually gets applied. Close and reopen the application, CBLoader doesn't seem to do anything and the CB just crashes. I've got CBLoader and the CB exe running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and as Admin.

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 6, 2014

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I'm wondering if anyone can help. A couple of months ago I managed to break my computer to the point where I needed to reinstall Windows - and that wiped out the character builder install. I've got the old windows directory backed up - but have no idea where to find the registry keys I need to reactivate my character builder. Help?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

neonchameleon posted:

I'm wondering if anyone can help. A couple of months ago I managed to break my computer to the point where I needed to reinstall Windows - and that wiped out the character builder install. I've got the old windows directory backed up - but have no idea where to find the registry keys I need to reactivate my character builder. Help?
Send me an email at my username here at gmail, and I'll get you set up.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Any secret to getting this to work on windows 8?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Clanpot Shake posted:

Any secret to getting this to work on windows 8?

I've gotten it running on my Win8 box no problems.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

rkajdi posted:

I've gotten it running on my Win8 box no problems.

Can you lay out the process you did? I'm thinking I'm missing some of the update files or something. It throws that error when launched by CBLoader, but runs fine normally. The installer I have is April 2009. How many update exes were there?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I'm running on Win 8, too.

Did you install it to program files, or to a better location?

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I had it installed in E:\Program Files, then uninstalled and installed it to Documents. No dice in either case.

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"
Have you installed the October 2010 update to the same location? The update defaults to c:/program files (x86)/wizards of the coast, so you'd need to change it to the install folder where the Builder is.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Yep. I only have one wizards folder.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Lord Justice posted:

Have you installed the October 2010 update to the same location? The update defaults to c:/program files (x86)/wizards of the coast, so you'd need to change it to the install folder where the Builder is.

Yeah, this kicked me in the teeth the first time. What a lovely way to do that.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Hmm. I had an issue with CBLoader (hadn't used it in forever), so I reinstalled it and now I don't seem to have a whoooole buncha stuff available option-wise for characters. Ugh :(

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Is the Metro app in the OP any good? Can I do anything in it without an Insider account? I need to make a level 20 character; is that possible?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just trying to figure out what happened with my version of the offline builder.

Buddy was over on Sunday and forgot to print his character, so we rebuilt his cleric in about 10 mins and went from there. Problem is something happened to his Turn Undead power. It's now saying that it only does 1d8 + Wis instead of the 3d10 + Wis from PHB 1. Was there some stealth rules update I didn't get, or is this an error?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Errata, I believe.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
"This power’s damage now increases at levels 11 and 21. The area increases to close burst 3 at level 11 and close burst 5 at level 21."

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdatePH.pdf

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Probably an error then.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

S.J. posted:

Hmm. I had an issue with CBLoader (hadn't used it in forever), so I reinstalled it and now I don't seem to have a whoooole buncha stuff available option-wise for characters. Ugh :(
I can't tell if my PM went through, but if it didn't, email me. I can help. Email is my name here at Gmail.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

I can't tell if my PM went through, but if it didn't, email me. I can help. Email is my name here at Gmail.

It did, thanks for the help duder.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Is there any way to actually select the Monk's unarmed strike as a melee weapon, or would I have to create the weapon for that?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

If you have the feature, it should appear in your list of choices for your main and off-hand. At the very least, it should appear in your choices for what to use on your card calculations in the sheet viewer.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

If you have the feature, it should appear in your list of choices for your main and off-hand. At the very least, it should appear in your choices for what to use on your card calculations in the sheet viewer.

Huh, okay. Well, I was trying to make a Hybrid Monk/whatever and couldn't select the Monk Unarmed Strike as a weapon.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

"This power’s damage now increases at levels 11 and 21. The area increases to close burst 3 at level 11 and close burst 5 at level 21."

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdatePH.pdf

That is one of the worst written erratas ever. Damage increases to what exactly? If you're going to alter the power this much, just redo the whole block.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

S.J. posted:

Huh, okay. Well, I was trying to make a Hybrid Monk/whatever and couldn't select the Monk Unarmed Strike as a weapon.

IIRC hybrid Monks don't get Unarmed Strike without Hybrid Talent. Tried taking that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011

rkajdi posted:

That is one of the worst written erratas ever. Damage increases to what exactly? If you're going to alter the power this much, just redo the whole block.
It used to increase at levels 5, 11, 15, 21, and 25. Now it's just 11 and 21. I agree, though, it's written really badly - especially because the original version had different damage values at levels 11 and 21 than the new version does.

Although frankly, I'm kind of annoyed by how many major changes they did through online errata without publishing updated books.

• Locked thread