Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

It used to increase at levels 5, 11, 15, 21, and 25. Now it's just 11 and 21. I agree, though, it's written really badly - especially because the original version had different damage values at levels 11 and 21 than the new version does.

Although frankly, I'm kind of annoyed by how many major changes they did through online errata without publishing updated books.

I'm not. Publishing new versions of books as often as they published errata would never work, and the game was stronger with regular errata than it was without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
I'm not saying they should have republished the books every time (that would be ridiculous), but at least one new, errata'd release (say when Essentials hit) would have been really nice, since there's a lot of players out there that are unaware it even exists and some of the errata changes spells or game mechanics in pretty significant ways (for instance, Magic Missile is completely different post-errata than what's printed in the PHB).

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

It used to increase at levels 5, 11, 15, 21, and 25. Now it's just 11 and 21. I agree, though, it's written really badly - especially because the original version had different damage values at levels 11 and 21 than the new version does.

Although frankly, I'm kind of annoyed by how many major changes they did through online errata without publishing updated books.

They never did a power card for this, so I'm confused how I'm supposed to figure out that it's now 1d8 base instead of 2d10.

Also, seriously, why the nerf? It's only useful every few fights, and the DM can easily just turn the power off by not using undead.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
There seems to be some confusion going on here. Turn Undead still has the same base damage it did in PHB: 1d10, only instead of upgrading at levels 5, 11, 15, 21, and 25 (for a total of 6d10) it updates only at 11 and 21 (for a total of 3d10). It's the same in the Compendium, in Class Compendium series that updated old classes, and it's what the Errata implies. And it is also what my Character Builder lists, so I'm guessing that "1d8" damage thing must be a fault of some custom .part file being used.

Quietlovingman
Feb 5, 2011
So I'm working on adding Bolyhedral's black powder weapons http://polyhedral.wordpress.com/black-powder-weapons/ to the character builder and was wondering what the easiest way to add proficiency's to the character classes to allow them to use them?

I tried this:
code:
<AppendNodes name="Fighter" type="Grants" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_GRANTS_FIGHTER" source="Player&apos;s Handbook" >
      <specific name="_SupportsID"> ID_FMP_CLASS_3 </specific>
      <rules>
	  <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(SIMPLE_BPOWDER)" type="Proficiency" />
	  <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(SUPERIOR_BPOWDER)" type="Proficiency" />
	  <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(MILITARY_BPOWDER)" type="Proficiency" />
    </rules>
	 </AppendNodes> 
<RulesElement name="Black Powder" type="Weapon Group" internal-id="ID_SAM_WEAPON_GROUP_01" source="Jenna&apos;s Campaign" revision-date="3/15/2010 9:21:47 AM" >
      <specific name="Implement"> 0 </specific>
Essentially a small metal tube mounted on a stock and equipped with a mechanical trigger, a Black Powder weapon is a point-and-shoot projectile weapon. Pistols are popular because they require little training to master, yet the power of the shot gives them substantial power.
   </RulesElement>
<RulesElement name="Weapon Group (Black Powder)" type="Proficiency" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_GROUP_(BPOWDER)" source="Jenna&apos;s Campaign" >
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(SIMPLE_BPOWDER)" type="Proficiency" />
	  <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(SUPERIOR_BPOWDER)" type="Proficiency" />
	  <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(MILITARY_BPOWDER)" type="Proficiency" />
    </rules>
	</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Weapon Proficiency (Simple Black Powder)" type="Proficiency" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(SIMPLE_BPOWDER)" source="Jenna&apos;s Campaign" >
      <Category> ID_SAM_WEAPON_GROUP_01,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_SIMPLE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_RANGED </Category>
	   </RulesElement>
<RulesElement name="Weapon Proficiency (Superior Black Powder)" type="Proficiency" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(SUPERIOR_BPOWDER)" source="Jenna&apos;s Campaign" >
      <Category> ID_SAM_WEAPON_GROUP_01,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_SUPERIOR,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_RANGED </Category>
   </RulesElement>
<RulesElement name="Weapon Proficiency (Military Black Powder)" type="Proficiency" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_WEAPON_PROFICIENCY_(MILITARY_BPOWDER)" source="Jenna&apos;s Campaign" >
      <Category> ID_SAM_WEAPON_GROUP_01,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MILITARY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_RANGED </Category>
   </RulesElement>
<RulesElement name="Pistol" type="Weapon" internal-id="ID_SAM_WEAPON_01" source="Jenna&apos;s Campaign" revision-date="6/20/2014 1:16:14 PM" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ONE-HAND,ID_SAM_WEAPON_GROUP_01,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ONE-HANDED,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_SELECTABLE,ID_FMP_WEAPON_PROPERTY_1 </Category>
      <specific name="Full Text"> Pistol
Simple one-handed ranged weapon
Cost: 20 gp
Damage: 1d6
Proficient: +2
Range: 5/10
Weight: 1 lb.

Properties:
Black Powder: When firing a Black Powder weapon, a thick cloud of smoke fills the square where the weapon was fired, providing light obscuration until the end of the firers next turn 
Load Minor 

Group: 
Blackpowder Pistol (Essentially a small metal tube mounted on a stock and equipped with a mechanical trigger, a pistol is a point-and-shoot projectile weapon. Pistols are popular because they require little training to master, yet the force of the shot gives them substantial power). </specific>
      <specific name="Weight"> 1 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 20 </specific>
      <specific name="Range"> 5/10 </specific>
      <specific name="Damage"> 1d6 </specific>
      <specific name="Proficiency Bonus"> 2 </specific>
      <specific name="_Primary End" />
      <specific name="Weapon Category"> Simple Ranged </specific>
      <specific name="Hands Required"> One-Handed </specific>
      <specific name="Item Slot"> One-hand </specific>
      <specific name="Group"> Black Powder </specific>
      <specific name="Properties"> Load Minor </specific>
   </RulesElement> 
So far the item shows up properly, however the fighter is not proficient in its use...any suggestions, or am I missing an error in the code? If anyone wants to look at the finished part file for testing let me know.

knux911
Nov 21, 2012
As of a couple of days ago, I get this error whenever running the builder.
It's happening on multiple PCs on different internet connections:

quote:

7/07/2014 8:56:41 AM - INFO: CBLoader version 1.3.0
7/07/2014 8:56:49 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 04-new-items.part
Inner Exception: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

7/07/2014 8:56:50 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 05-backgrounds.part

7/07/2014 8:56:50 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 06-races.part

7/07/2014 8:56:50 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 07-darksun.part

7/07/2014 8:56:51 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 08-themes.part

7/07/2014 8:56:51 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 09-feats.part

7/07/2014 8:56:51 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 10-cleric.part

7/07/2014 8:56:52 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 11-fighter.part

7/07/2014 8:56:52 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 12-paladin.part

7/07/2014 8:56:52 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 13-ranger.part

7/07/2014 8:56:53 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 14-rogue.part

7/07/2014 8:56:53 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 15-warlock.part

7/07/2014 8:56:53 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 16-warlord.part

7/07/2014 8:56:54 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 17-wizard.part

7/07/2014 8:56:54 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 18-avenger.part

7/07/2014 8:56:54 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 19-barbarian.part

7/07/2014 8:56:55 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 20-bard.part

7/07/2014 8:56:55 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 21-druid.part

7/07/2014 8:56:55 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 22-invoker.part

7/07/2014 8:56:56 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 23-shaman.part

7/07/2014 8:56:56 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 24-sorcerer.part

7/07/2014 8:56:56 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 25-warden.part

7/07/2014 8:56:57 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 26-ardent.part

7/07/2014 8:56:57 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 27-battlemind.part

7/07/2014 8:56:57 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 28-monk.part

7/07/2014 8:56:57 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 29-psion.part

7/07/2014 8:56:58 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 30-runepriest.part

7/07/2014 8:56:58 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 31-seeker.part

7/07/2014 8:56:58 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 32-artificer.part

7/07/2014 8:56:59 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 33-assassin.part

7/07/2014 8:56:59 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 34-swordmage.part

7/07/2014 8:56:59 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 35-vampire.part

7/07/2014 8:57:00 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 36-companion.part

7/07/2014 8:57:00 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 37-hybrid.part

7/07/2014 8:57:00 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 38-paragon-paths.part

7/07/2014 8:57:01 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 39-epic-destinies.part

7/07/2014 8:57:01 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for 40-gear.part

7/07/2014 8:58:37 AM - ERROR: Failed getting update for WotC.index

7/07/2014 8:58:37 AM - INFO: Errors Encountered While Loading. Would you like to open the log file? (y/n)

knux911 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 7, 2014

Akemnos
Dec 15, 2010
I am getting the same error. All of those parts are gained from the WotC.index file which is linked to Cbloader.com which is what the problem might be. The page is shutdown so maybe it can't contact to update the files.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akemnos posted:

I am getting the same error. All of those parts are gained from the WotC.index file which is linked to Cbloader.com which is what the problem might be. The page is shutdown so maybe it can't contact to update the files.

It was an issue with my webserver, it should be fixed now, I am able to access the part files using the URLs in the WotC.index file without any issue.

Please try to update it again.

Akemnos
Dec 15, 2010
I ran the cleanup.bat file and it looked like it was working but then it gave the same errors.

knux911
Nov 21, 2012

Mustache Ride posted:

It was an issue with my webserver, it should be fixed now, I am able to access the part files using the URLs in the WotC.index file without any issue.

Please try to update it again.

Sorry, I'm still getting the errors.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Is there a thumb drive solution for the off-line character builder?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

There is not, the OCB requires registry entries to be entered in order to allow it to run.

What I'd like to do is work with the guy that created the Edge of the Empire CB to redo the entire OCB, but I don't have the time or the inclination to do that right now (I'm bored of 4e).

I realize the updates are still broken, however this should not prevent you from using the OCB at the moment, as long as you have everything installed. I'll continue to work on the site and let everyone know when its fixed, but I don't know when I'll get to take a look. Might be next week, might be next month.

knux911
Nov 21, 2012

Mustache Ride posted:

There is not, the OCB requires registry entries to be entered in order to allow it to run.

What I'd like to do is work with the guy that created the Edge of the Empire CB to redo the entire OCB, but I don't have the time or the inclination to do that right now (I'm bored of 4e).

I realize the updates are still broken, however this should not prevent you from using the OCB at the moment, as long as you have everything installed. I'll continue to work on the site and let everyone know when its fixed, but I don't know when I'll get to take a look. Might be next week, might be next month.

Thank you so much for your help!

If I copy all the part and index files from my OCB to another PC, even though the site is down at the moment. Would the new PC still install all the updates?

This is to get another one going as a backup and also to practise in case this happens again or WoTC sends a C&D etc.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes, you should be able to install the OCB on another computer and copy all of the files that mod downloads using the same folder structure and have it work.

Akemnos
Dec 15, 2010
odd thing I have never noticed before in my builder

- I have a cleric who does not have an implement - uses only weapon attacks.
- recently added an implement power for testing and noticed that it tries to use my weapon as the implement for it.
- it adds the Enhancement bonus for the weapon to the attack roll

HAs the builder always displayed this way? I was recently trying to create a part file to make a few weapons count as implements as well (I did not modify the weapons i have tested this issue with). I am wondering if I somehow messed up my builder.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Nah, it's a long-standing bug. You should be able to remove them from the display in the sheet viewer.

Akemnos
Dec 15, 2010
ah okay. I guess that makes it easier for me since I dont have to code some weapons to be implements. glad to know I didn't mess something up though.

thanks.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Is it possible to manually download the .part files from somewhere else, since the server is down?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Elswyyr posted:

Is it possible to manually download the .part files from somewhere else, since the server is down?

Ah, so that's the cause of my issues. :ohdear: I sure hope I have these laying around somewhere.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I have added all the part and index files to a zip archive you should be able to download here.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Thanks Mustache Ride! :swoon:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I believe I have corrected the issues with the website now, can someone try to force an update and let me know if they still see issues?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Mustache Ride posted:

I believe I have corrected the issues with the website now, can someone try to force an update and let me know if they still see issues?

I've just come off a reformat so I had to reinstall again. Worked fine though the 11 fighter.part gave me an error. Seems okay, otherwise!

Edit: Updates without a hitch now! :toot:

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 28, 2014

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
How does the CB determine primary ability mods for theme powers & such? Asking because I want to make a thing that substitutes primary ability mod for the normal mod for skill checks. Have a version of it working fine for now, but I have to manually tell it to sub in the stat and it'd be easier for multiple people in the party to use if it could just pull their primary mod on its own.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Without wanting to snark... look up such a power and work it out maybe?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Without wanting to snark... look up such a power and work it out maybe?

Tried & am continuing to try, but the only things I'm finding are things like this:
pre:
<RulesElement name="Beguiling Flash" type="Power" internal-id="ID_TIV_POWER_DRAGON_420-1-1-1" source="Dragon Magazine 420">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_TIV_CLASS_FEATURE_DRAGON_420-1-1,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MINOR_ACTION,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_10,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31 </Category>
    <Flavor> You create a sudden flash of light that temporarily confuses your foe so that it cannot easily find you. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Power Usage"> Encounter </specific>
    <specific name="Display"> Beguiler Attack </specific>
    <specific name="Keywords"> Arcane, Illusion, Implement </specific>
    <specific name="Action Type"> Minor Action </specific>
    <specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged 10 </specific>
	<specific name="Attack"> Highest ability modifier vs. Will </specific>
    <specific name="Hit"> You slide the target up to 3 squares. Until the end of your next turn, you have partial concealment from the target. </specific>
    <specific name="Class"> ID_TIV_THEME_DRAGON_MAGAZINE_420-1 </specific>
    <specific name="Level" />
    <specific name="Power Type"> Attack </specific>
    <specific name="_ParentFeature"> ID_TIV_CLASS_FEATURE_DRAGON_420-1-1 </specific>
</RulesElement>
Which doesn't really help. Here's the item that's working now:
pre:
<RulesElement name="Set Sail Skill Fix 2" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_99998" source="Adventurer's Vault">
		<Flavor> Implementation of Majuju's skill houserule.</Flavor>
		<specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
		<specific name="Gold"> 0 </specific>
		<specific name="Magic Item Type"> Ki Focus </specific>
		<specific name="Tier" />
		<specific name="_Item_Set_ID" />
		<specific name="Armor" />
		<specific name="Weapon" />
		<specific name="Item Slot"> Ki Focus </specific>
		<specific name="Requirement" />
		<specific name="Critical" />
		<specific name="Special" />
		<specific name="Power" />
		<specific name="_Rarity" />
		<specific name="Granted Powers" />
		<specific name="Rarity"> Common </specific>
		<specific name="Property"> Substitutes Dex for all trained skills and Cha for all untrained skills. </specific>
		<rules>
			<statadd name="Acrobatics" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Acrobatics Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Arcana" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Arcana Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Athletics" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Athletics Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Bluff" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Bluff Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Diplomacy" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Diplomacy Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Dungeoneering " value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Dungeoneering Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Endurance" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Endurance Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Heal" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Heal Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="History" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!History Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Insight" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Insight Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Intimidate" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Intimidate Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Nature" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Nature Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Perception" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Perception Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Religion" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Religion Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Stealth" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Stealth Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Streetwise" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Streetwise Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Thievery" value="+ABILITYMOD(Charisma)" type="Ability" requires="!Thievery Skill Training" />

<statadd name="Acrobatics" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Acrobatics Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Arcana" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Arcana Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Athletics" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Athletics Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Bluff" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Bluff Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Diplomacy" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Diplomacy Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Dungeoneering " value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Dungeoneering Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Endurance" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Endurance Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Heal" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Heal Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="History" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="History Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Insight" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Insight Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Intimidate" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Intimidate Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Nature" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Nature Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Perception" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Perception Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Religion" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Religion Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Stealth" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Stealth Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Streetwise" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Streetwise Skill Training" />
			<statadd name="Thievery" value="+ABILITYMOD(Dexterity)" type="Ability" requires="Thievery Skill Training" />
		</rules>
	</RulesElement>
When trying to substitute "Highest Ability" or "Primary Ability" as below:
pre:
<statadd name="Acrobatics" value="+ABILITYMOD(Highest ability modifier)" type="Ability" requires="Acrobatics Skill Training" />
nothing changes, so I'm not really sure how CB is getting it to work for those powers. Still tinkering with it but just thought I'd ask if anyone knew off hand.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That probably has something to do with the way the parser works. It CAN convert that string into what it needs to be, but it's situational. Power blocks know what Primary Ability Modifier means, I'm not so sure feats or items do. It doesn't give you a value in items like the Thunderfist Ki Focus, for example.

You may be better off just writing one for each primary, which it sounds like you have.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Echophonic posted:

That probably has something to do with the way the parser works. It CAN convert that string into what it needs to be, but it's situational. Power blocks know what Primary Ability Modifier means, I'm not so sure feats or items do. It doesn't give you a value in items like the Thunderfist Ki Focus, for example.

You may be better off just writing one for each primary, which it sounds like you have.

Okie doke, s'what I figured but wanted to check. No biggie, thanks!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Now that I was looking around, I decided to whip up something for a friend of mine.

Looks like some tweaks need to be made to the Draconic Resistance feature of the Honorable Blade paragon path. Firstly, you can't take Radiant if you have Radiant Breath (it seems like you should, at any rate), so here's a snippet to take care of that:

code:
<RulesElement name="Draconic Resistance Radiant" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_FEATURE_DRACONIC_RESISTANCE_RADIANT" source="Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn">
      <Category> Draconic Resistance </Category>
      <Prereqs> Radiant Breath Feat </Prereqs>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Gain resistance to radiant </specific>
      <specific name="_SupportsID"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2125 </specific>
You gain resistance to radiant equal to 5 + one-half your level.
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Draconic Resistance Value" value="+HALF-LEVEL" />
         <statadd name="Draconic Resistance Value" value="+5" />
         <statadd name="resist:radiant" value="+Draconic Resistance Value" type="resist" />
      </rules>
</RulesElement>
Additionally, the other variants don't actually apply the effect to your sheet, but that's fixed with some simple AppendNodes action. Those rules blocks could be added to the part, but I don't know the submission process.

code:

<AppendNodes name="Draconic Resistance Acid" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_FEATURE_DRACONIC_RESISTANCE_ACID" source="Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn">
	<rules>
     <statadd name="resist:acid" value="+Draconic Resistance Value" type="resist" />
	</rules>
</AppendNodes>
<AppendNodes name="Draconic Resistance Cold" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_FEATURE_DRACONIC_RESISTANCE_COLD" source="Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn">
	<rules>
     <statadd name="resist:cold" value="+Draconic Resistance Value" type="resist" />
	</rules>
</AppendNodes>
<AppendNodes name="Draconic Resistance Fire" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_FEATURE_DRACONIC_RESISTANCE_FIRE" source="Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn">
	<rules>
     <statadd name="resist:fire" value="+Draconic Resistance Value" type="resist" />
	</rules>
</AppendNodes>
<AppendNodes name="Draconic Resistance Lightning" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_FEATURE_DRACONIC_RESISTANCE_LIGHTNING" source="Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn">
	<rules>
     <statadd name="resist:lightning" value="+Draconic Resistance Value" type="resist" />
	</rules>
</AppendNodes>
<AppendNodes name="Draconic Resistance Poison" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_CLASS_FEATURE_DRACONIC_RESISTANCE_POISON" source="Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn">
	<rules>
     <statadd name="resist:poison" value="+Draconic Resistance Value" type="resist" />
	</rules>
</AppendNodes>

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 2, 2014

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
So I'm having a problem right now, whenever I try to select Dragonborn as a race, the character builder crashes and spits out this error-

Does anyone know what might be causing it?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Those rules blocks could be added to the part, but I don't know the submission process.
E-mail updates to dudes@cbloader.com

homerlaw posted:

So I'm having a problem right now, whenever I try to select Dragonborn as a race, the character builder crashes and spits out this error-

Does anyone know what might be causing it?
Looks like there's a problem with one or more of the dragonborn-related files. You can either dig through all of the files to try and find the error(s), or just purge them all and let the index file redownload them when you relaunch CBLoader.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

The problem with that is the problem is in the main dnd40 file, so it'd have to be appended like above. I don't really know what part that should be added to. Paragon paths, I guess?

I actually found an issue with my code not stacking properly with resistance from armor (it gets overwritten), but I have no idea if that's a normal CB issue or if I did something wrong.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 2, 2014

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Echophonic posted:

I actually found an issue with my code not stacking properly with resistance from armor, but I have no idea if that's a normal CB issue or if I did something wrong.

Resists don't stack, only the highest applies. Or did you mean something else?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Generic Octopus posted:

Resists don't stack, only the highest applies. Or did you mean something else?

I looked into it a little closer. I apparently didn't test this very well. I missed something, the fire doesn't apply at ALL. I can't spell, apparently. Reistance != Resistance :saddowns:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 2, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
So, the utility powers from 'Ghost of the Past' and 'River Rat' don't actually seem to be selectable? If I click the 'View Illegal Elements' button, they show up like this:

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this, but someone here probably where the right place is!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Has anyone made/found a part with all of the new stuff from Zeitgeist? There's that old one kicking around, but it's missing most of the theme features and the paragon paths.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So yeah once again I took a look at this Spectator Beholder race and Eye Tyrant class someone on the WotC forums made. I have tried playing it once before, which required writing up the character sheet by hand, and was looking at rebuilding him at paragon, which would take even more work. Then I wistfully wished it was in the character builder.

Then I thought, well maybe someone who knows how to make these part files would be kind enough to take that race, the class with its powers, the paragon path, and the feats on that page and make a part file, or series of part files, for CBLoader.

Anyone up to it?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I've taken a look at this race/class, and... its pretty horrible really.

But that being said, I have coded a beholder-type class RACE that used to be on the old Trad Games Wiki that FuegoFish wrote like 4 years ago. The Wiki is dead, but the class and race already coded into the builder are here.

Its not the exact same powers and abilities as this terrible Beholder, but it does include a Beholder (and a Corgi, and a Skeleton, and a Phantom, and a Mimic, and a Pony (ugg), and a Kenku).

No classes for those, but they do include Paragon Paths (I think, its been a while). Bother FuegoFish to see if he has backups of the Wiki somewhere if you want to see the text.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 19, 2014

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Is there any way to give every race two flexible stat bonuses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Red Metal posted:

Is there any way to give every race two flexible stat bonuses?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was possible via a part file with a ModifyNode or whatever it is tag for the stat line of each race.

• Locked thread