Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
After a week or so of pootling around Vvandernfell with a bunch of gameplay tweaks and texture packs I finally decided to try and tackle MGE. Only took about twenty minutes, works fine, created a Distant Lands file, booted the game, immediately levitated two hundred feet into the air and surveyed the island like a God.

:iamafag:

edit: Can anyone recommend some decent shaders to run?

suburban virgin fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Cytokinesis posted:

A question, I've installed BTB, Less Generic NPCs, Better Heads, and Galsiah's Character Development mod. One of them is crashing my computer, and I'm not sure which. I play, doing nothing special, and suddenly my computer crashes out of nowhere. Do any of these have a history of causing crashes? Or is there an incompatibility issue?

I don't know how much this will help but I'm running all those except Character Development and getting no crashes.

edit: Check you're running the correct variety of BTB too. There's often alternate data files for compatability with different setups.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I actually find Destruction pretty unhelpful, if you rely on it for your bread and butter offense it zooms up much faster than anything else, giving a hefty bonus to Willpower (nearly useless early on). Then a lot of the Daedra have permanent spell defenses meaning you've pretty much got to go up and whack them with something, only you can't because you've put all your practice into Destruction so all your whacking skills suck. So use your spells to buff yourself and debuff your enemies six ways to Sunday then get whacking.

For gamebreaking power without out-and-out cheating, power through alchemy. A decent set of equipment and some common ingredients and your restore health potions make you temporarily invincible. Once you nab a few high level soul gems and a fuckton of gold you can enchant some constant effect restore health and not die ever.

And to play the game for fun exploration you may need two extra mods - One to make the level up multipliers easier to achieve (otherwise if you're anything like me you spend about half your time levelling skills you'll never use for the sake of the stat boost) and one to do some drat thing about cliffracers because they are utterly intolerable.

suburban virgin fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 15, 2011

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Dunno why they're mad at you but two commoners conjuring ancestral ghosts sounds like you've enabled npcs using racial powers along with BTB's improved racial abilities. This is not recommended as it will make almost every npc an absolute bastard. Those Dunmer will also be rocking 50pts of Sanctuary along with the ancestral ghosts, making half your (already feeble number of) hits miss. All Bretons will have 20pts of fire, frost and lighting shielding, Imperials can knock you flat with 200pts of fatigue absorbtion along with 50pts of health and magicka drain, Redguards turn into insane battle-gods the moment they don't like you etc etc. They may also be able to use star-sign abilities which is another whole layer of hell. I think you can turn it off be re-running the Morrowind Code Patch exe.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
If you haven't fixed the thing where shopkeepers automatically equip gear you sell them maybe you can find a foster parent.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Is passive wildlife working alright alongside Morrowind Advanced? I installed MA as it was on BTB's list and have been largely regretting it. The creatures added are poorly reskinned Daedra hacked to be incredibly annoying, as if wandering about in Vvandenfell needed more respawning annoyances. I'd turn it off but I'm afraid of frakking up my save.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Verloc posted:

Installed everything in the OP. My Morrowind is purty :)

Couple issues though...

1. I think I may have broken vendors somehow. I'm level 30 but every vendor I run across is still offering the same lovely iron and steel armor. I'd imagine at this level I should be seeing some higher level armors in vendor inventories. Any way to check and see if I hosed up vendors somehow?

2. Shield is really broken. Instead of the usual little sparkly umbrella I get a big semitransparent white blob surrounding whatever's shielded. How do I unfuck this?

Dunno about the Shield bug but as far as I'm aware Vendors in Morrowind never offer different stocks. What you see at level 1 is what you get.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
The only thing that disappoints me going back to Morrowind is being able to clearly see where developers couldn't match their vision for Vvandenfell. The atmosphere, writing and lore are really well developed and you steadily get an appreciation for the backstabbing, bickering and land-grabbing going on between the power players. The descriptions of the rife smuggling, corruption, political assassinations and scheming are all great, and only end up highlighting that everyone except for you is rooted to the spot and reading off a script. I enjoy the setting so much I want to see it in action. Realistically of course this is still impossible today, but I'd love to see a setting as fleshed-out as Vvandenfell topped up with a few thousand expendable, randomly generated characters going about their business of smuggling, trading, assassinating and politicking away whether you save the day or not. I guess that's what they're working towards with their Radiant AI stuff.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I'm actually just about to reinstall LGNPC. As weird as all the sex stuff is, it's nice to meet some people with personalities from time to time.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

The Protagonist posted:

How is morrowind rebirth for new content quality and conflicts? That it edits cities worries me a bit as I've already got a pretty sweet residence from the Morrowind Abodes listed in the op below that pretty well decked out...

It'll conflict with just about anything that edits mainland Vvardenfell, especially stuff in large towns. I really like the new additions but it really is just more of the same in the same style, like if the events in the game took place ten years later after a few more people had a chance to move in. More houses, more vendors, more people, not a lot more in terms of dungeons or loot or quests that I've found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
None of my alchemy ingredient merchants are restocking at all, even if I wait days :mad:

What funhating mod or balance patch has done this to me? I'm running with MGSO and Morrowind Rebirth and not much else.