Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm doing a big install at the moment and one thing I'm not clear on - will mlox do a proper mod order if you're using Mod Organizer instead of Wrye Mash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

If I'm a decent chunk into a playthrough, will installing Tamriel Rebuilt break everything?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Alikchi posted:

Not necessarily. It’s worth trying but you might get some duplicate trader/travel npcs for example

Sounds like it's worth a shot then.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I swear the best thing about this game is stashing enough insanely rare and expensive armour and weaponry to outfight all of Vivec City in your house

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

morrownwind

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Are you wearing the boots of blinding speed?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

im playing an orc who uses blunt weapons because i like Skull Crusher

This is not something you need to justify. Ever.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I often take Spear as my first skill because you can run backwards keeping them at bay, and it also boosts endurance giving you more hp faster

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I just got Azura's Star, now begins my quest to become an enchanter god

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Grevlek posted:

Based on patch notes, I had to use a slightly earlier save from about 4 in game days prior. I'm not sure what my character did during that timeframe, but I can always do it again if need be.

Initial testing of this seems to have worked! I jacked my INT up to just shy of 30k, made a few fort health potions, downed them, and slept a few days until the effects wore off.

Thank you all for your help. Mas Ah Mune beat his addiction thanks to you goons, and has a bright future ahead of him. Back to enchanting ridiculous weapons and items, and leaving them scattered in his wake.

It ain't Morrowind if you don't have a house with enough weaponry and armour to outfit an entire legion.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i always killed the alcoholic in Caldera and moved in, because he was right next to the mages guild for easy transport

Which one? I always took out the Orc lady with the dodgy note about debt collection

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Gobblecoque posted:

Arkngthand, the dwemer ruin you get sent to early in the main quest is a favorite of mine. Aside from the locked depths, none of the enemies respawn. Close enough to Balmora and the imperial fort

Points for megalomania, too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

morrownwind

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Run north of I think Gnisis, get accosted by thieves, beat them up and take their 80 points Chameleon amulet

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Protip: wear both a skirt and a robe, for maximum constant effects

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Idk I think it owns

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Eat Arby's

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Ask an European I have no conception of what an "Arby" even is and I hope whoever is responsible never finds any form of happiness in their short and meaningless life

This would make a p good nihilist Arby's tweet

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

You will suffer greatly!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

You had a disturbing dream. You can only recall one part. A tall figure with a golden mask led you among the dead as through a restaurant. You heard many voices, but no lips moved. You strained to breathe, but your chest didn't move. The tall figure spoke with each figure as he passed among them, "Eat Arby's" as if they were alive, but they made no reply. You tried to cry out, but without breath, your tongue fluttered in vain.

These dreams are the black lies of the Sharmant Dagoth Arby. Dagoth Arby himself is mad. He is dead, but he dreams he lives. He hears laughter and love, but he makes nuggets and fries. He woos as a lover, but he reeks with oil and grease. Do not listen. Do not go to him. Do not eat at Arby's.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I like going to Dagon Fel and getting jumped by a powerful but manageable wizard with a goddamned ludicrous helm

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i've been scratching my head for a little while trying to figure out which mod i've got installed that's putting in an enemy called "Lesser Lich." They have an insanely powerful blind/absorb health spell and like to pin you in place with a Greater Bonewalker so they can wail on you with spells. Anyone know what mod it is from?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What mods should I run for a first time Oblivion game

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

honestly, there's no real reason to have separate skills for each weapon beyond the joy of having numbers

Blasphemy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

Micky D recently played a mod that is set after Dagoth Ur wins: Seyda been is barricaded and the rest of the game world, barring a few exceptions, is overrun with corpus monsters. It's like a zombie apocalypse ES game. Honestly, I want to spin up a mod installation and play it.

What mod is this, it sounds awesome

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Haha the damage strength monsters are the loving worst

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ask your spouse if they're willing to take responsibility for it not only not working, but also not working when you put the HDD back in the original machine.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I thought it was rye with a silent w

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

sjw's in their faux chitin "gondoliers" hats complaining about my real one that i got by killing a gondolier. do you also not eat kagouti meat snowflake?

Sounds like the kinds of people who'd say "why ride when you can walk"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I never knew until now there was an axe in Seyda Neen.

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 3, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I just purged my old install, time to start over. I'm gonna install TR, what else should I try that's new and different? I had the chocolate pack installed last time.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

Script variable "rent" not found for dialogue type
Topic
Info "EMPTY"
while loading TR - Data

quote:

Unable to find script 'NOM_well_beer' on object 'NOM_kegstand_beer_de'
and a few others
What's the process here - identify which mod/esm/whatev is causing this particular issue and replace the files?

Please be gentle, I'm new to all this.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

mbt posted:

necessities of morrowind, either a patch or the mod. don't use it

i can't even find that on my install :shrug: guessing it's part of one of the modpacks i installed or something is trying to reference it

time to start digging i guess

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah. i just went to old ebonheart for the first time and it couldn't find a whole pile of textures and meshes so i'm guessing something went wrong with my install of TR

sigh

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

mbt posted:

register your bsas

Great success!!

Mod Organizer 2 is a tricky sumbitch

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

mmmm..... crashing to desktop when catching the boat to tel mora

any ideas?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I installed the Twin Lamps and Slave Hunters mod, but I can't seem to join the twin lamps? There's the guy at Stendarr's Retreat who says he is the man to talk to, but when I select the topic he says he can't help with that.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ChatGPT describe my death to a nix-hound after I completely run out of potions and get an unlucky knockdown with like 6 hours since my last save

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Move acrobatics out of minor - just run around jumping and it'll get plenty high on its own. Take Armorer instead. I like Spear because particularly at low levels you can run backwards jabbing and outrange everyone chasing you.