Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

The link to the latest Bloodmoon patch doesn't work for me. I have the Morrowind GOTY version with both expansions, do I still need that patch? It is the CD version not the Steam Version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I am having a problem updating MGSO to patch 1.3. When the Code Patch comes up, it says it can't find my Morrowind.Exe. The first time I did the Code patch with MGSO 1.0 it was fine, but now it is loving up and I can't continue.

Edit: I fixed the problem. For some reason, it wasn't choosing the correct path as the default unlike the other patches.

soscannonballs fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 13, 2011

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I am getting the following error

Model Load Error: Meshes\Ice\NR\Ice_RobeCom01hood_M.nif cannot load file in Meshes\Ice\NR\Ice_RobeCom01hood_M.nif.

It makes npc's wearing robes have a big yellow box around them with an exclamation mark. Does anyone know what the problem is here? The game is working pretty nice otherwise.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

ParagonParadox27 posted:

You probably have a mod that requires Ice Robes or whatever it's called.

Is that not included in the stuff from the OP? The only mods I have are from the OP and the Gratuitous Violence mod.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ok I fixed my robe mesh problem, but now I am running into a new problem. Sometimes my game just crashes. There aren't any error messages or anything, it just closes. It is still playable, I would just have to quicksave a lot, but does anyone know what could be causing this?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Positronic Spleen posted:

Is it random or does it happen in the same place? I had the same thing happen and it turned out to be the Poorly Placed Object.esm doing something.

Well I haven't been to too many places yet, but each time it has been in the starter smuggler cave by Seyda Neen.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I have a question but I am not sure if anyone can answer it. I pretty much just followed the instructions for installing mods from here, but one of the addons makes it so I can't create my own restoration spells to buff my attributes. Does anyone know which addon does this? I wanted to make a monk type class that buffs up strength/agi/speed and uses H2H, but I can't do that currently.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ok so I looked at the readme for BTB's spells addon and he made a lot of the spell effects unavailable in the spellmaker and unavailable for enchanting. Does anyone know if there is an alternate form of this mod that has all the effects available, or do I need to open up the construction set and figure out how to change all these effects back? I can't play this game unless I abuse the gently caress out of it.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So I am having an issue where my game crashes about 50% of the time when a summoned creature dies. Has anyone else had an issue like this? It can get pretty annoying since every Dunmer now summons a ghost if I don't kill them in one hit, and I kind of wanted to make a summoner.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is that a 50% CTD with any summoned creatures, or mainly with those summoned by NPC racial abilities (i.e., Dunmer summoning Ancestor Ghosts)? I'd recommend deactivating the "NPCs use Racial Abilities" feature of the MCP, since it's pretty unbalancing. If it isn't a CTD related to MCP, you should post your load order on here and also run it through Mlox, which should tell you where any potential conflicts are.

Do you run them as Administrator? Do yourself a favor and flag everything--everything--remotely related to running Morrowind (Morrowind.exe, MWSE, MGE, MGE-XE, etc.) as running with admin privileges.

I tried summoning my own guys and it still crashed. As far as BTB's, I like a lot of the stuff, and it only took a second for me to go in and edit his spells addon to enable the effects I like. If I could just get this summoning crashing bug fixed I would be golden.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I found my Morrowind paper map the other day. It is in pretty bad shape, but I think I can get it laminated to keep it from falling apart. The first thing I am going to do when I get a new computer is sit down play Morrowind with all the graphics overhauls and poo poo I can find, because even after 10 years Morrowind is still my favorite game.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I don't remember if BTB did it or if it was some other mod but I hated when I played through and the imperial guild services (fighter and mage mainly) wouldn't offer their services to non members. How are the Fighters/Mages guild supposed to make any money if they only sell their services to members who don't need them as much? Its like "Well now that you have 50 Alchemy skill you can advance in rank. Want to buy some potions now?"

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Cannot Find Server posted:

On my longest-played file, I actually bought a notebook and wrote down every place I visited and cleaned out. Yeah it wasn't sophisticated at all, but for some reason, it seemed to actually make exploration even more fun, something I thought impossible with this game. Guess it helped with the immersion or something.

About 3-4 years ago I was visiting my Dad and I let my younger brother play Morrowind. He was 11-12 at the time and he was writing stuff down in a notebook and it was really funny to me listening to him tell me about how had to find [horribly mispronounced] mushroom name in order to become a real wizard. This was coming from a kid who pretty much only played Call of Duty.

In other news, I was helping my Mom go through some old documents, and I found my original Morrowind paper map. Apparently I gave it to her back in 2006-2007 so she could get it laminated for me (she is a teacher) and she forgot about it. It is in pretty rough shape but it is still in one piece. I really need to get it laminated.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

If you are new and want to play any kind of mage character be aware that magicka doesn't naturally regen in this game. There are a few ways you can get around it, but honestly I would recommend just getting a basic magicka regen mod.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

C-Euro posted:

2. For you folks that are advocating a hand-to-hand playthrough, would you recommend any mods for such a character or is the style fine as-is? I really want to try a "minimalist" build (Unarmored and H2H, "live-off-the-land" and such) but I seem to remember hearing that a lot of enemies have really high Fatigue which makes H2H a chore.

I am doing a H2H/Unarmored build now so I can give you some tips. The only mod I am using that affects those skills are options in the MCP that adds a strength modifier to H2H (I think its 40% of your str) and the option to fix the unarmored bug present in vanilla Morrowind. The only things that affect H2H damage are your skill and strength (with MCP), Speed doesn't do anything even though it is the governing attribute. I would suggest taking Restoration and Alteration as majors to go with H2H and Unarmored so you have access to Shield Spells and Fortify Attribute Spells. I am using a Fortify Strength 100 pts for 15 second custom spell that adds a good amount of damage. There is a weird thing I have encountered though and maybe someone else can explain it. My attacks seem to do a lot more damage to enemies before I knock them down. This is odd to me since enemies are supposed to have more stamina than health, but I can knock down most enemies in 3-4 hits, but then it takes more than that to kill them once knocked down unless I buff my strength. Buffing my strength before knocking them down also doesn't seem to make me do more fatigue damage. I don't know if its an addon or something, but it makes me think my attacks are ignoring armor or something as long as they are doing fatigue damage.

For Unarmored, using Fortify Unarmored will give you more armor than a Shield Spell/Enchant, but you can't learn that type of skill until you get to Mournhold.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I thought the way Morrowind did traveling was fine, but I always play with the official propylon index addon. A lot of my early game is spent running around and collecting the propylon things which gets you a decent amount of gold and loot too.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Wizards make the best fighters, thieves, and orators.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Bought this game for the third time since my current pc doesn't have a cd drive so I can't install with the dics. What is the best way to make the game look pretty? I got the OpenMW working and with no other mods or anything it looks a lot better. How do I go about doing mods with OpenMW? The link in the op doesn't work anymore

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Spent a few hours getting a bunch of mods to go with OpenMW and it looks pretty nice now! Playing through as a mage, and when I say mage I mean I cast one spell that absorbs all the enemy's fatigue while damaging its agility and willpower, leaving it on the ground unconscious while I beat it to death with my fists.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I have upgraded from having to cast fatigue damage spells. Now I cast a spell that turns me into Goku for 10 seconds by increasing my h2h skill by 100 points.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

What kind of peasant actually picks locks instead of blasting them open with magic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Just cast a Restore Strength spell they don't require having a high restoration skill.