Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
"AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, It's happening again, I've fallen down the "spend more time modding than playing" hole again
also, op needs an update, OpenMW is on .48 now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
good luck. is that in basewind or OpenMW?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
If you think stuff is weird now, you are going to Love the Telvanni.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also, with regards to the local map advice, its great, whats even better is in OpenMW you can make the local map way bigger, in fact, you can scroll from the big map all the way down to the local map.
Andaram eh, I think I know what I am doing when i can pull myself away from slippy-sloppy-Starfield.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I dont think that the makers of TR want to A: take so many drugs, B, are capable of turning sush chemical abuse into what became morrowind.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

Someone edit that video so that he misses four times before he hits.

also deffo needs that cliffracer ambiance.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Overall its (OMW) good, quite a few mods straight up will not work with it due to requireing stuff that depends on mge etc, even rediculous mods like The Underground are almost playable, its well worth having 2 installs to check out both and see what floats your boat.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
If you really wanted to go wild, you could edit some of the textures to have a little emissive glow, similar to the mushrooms, so, its still dark af, but you can see a vague outline?
like, get the https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43140 Graphic Herbalism and add a weak lantern effect to the meshes, badda bing, dark yet navigable caves.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
if openworrind is so good how come i can't give silt striders breast physics?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
insect tit shitposting aside, OpenMW modding is not especially difficult, morover, you can just use the regular CS and merge together what you want, then import that into the OPMw cs and export. all good

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dragomorph posted:

Yeah, I knew that much. Turns out there was some dumb stuff I hadn't done, so I got that fixed. But it appears my luck with "adding extra NPC" mods has struck again. They included Repopulated Morrowind in the list so I added it and... oh, would you look at that, it ate all the vanilla NPCs in Seyda Neen again. I swear I'm literally the only person this happens to. orz

if you are using OMW, be careful in Seyda neen with certain mods, one adds an npc who causes omw to ctd everytime, it was so long ago that i touched it and edeted her out, that I forgot what it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
House of mannequins works with open mw. if thats the name, the wood, stone or flesh ones are all fine. be sure to have no companions/followers around if you want them to brandish weapons.