Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is Morrowblivion actually finished? I haven't been following at all in months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is like finding the guy who invented comic sans.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Although it does make the naked nords standing on the side of the road much funnier.

SEEN ANY... ELVES?? HOHOHOHO

:flaccid:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I thought that the chainsmoker voice was only a thing for Dunmer native to Vvardenfell, people that grew up literally choking on ash.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

His name is Curio, and he dances in the ash...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I wouldn't say it's subverted in Skyrim. Not to go on a rant, but it seems like it was furthered. The Dunmer are a subaltern people to the imperials and Morrowind itself a weird, exotic, frontier colony they want to exploit for mineral wealth. The Nords and the Imperials otoh both have slightly different cultures, but they're essentially the same people with a shared history, with Skyrim the first colony on the stolen land. The Empire's interest in Skyrim is simply one of maintaining their settler-colony's borders. It's Quebec/Canada, essentially. Two colonisers fighting over stolen land.

Don't forget that Morrowind is more than just the island of Vvardenfell. Mainland Morrowind is much closer to Imperial culture than the island, which is far more autonomous due to hostile climate and native people. Mainland Dunmer don't even sound like the ones from Vvardenfell due to not having grown up literally breathing ash.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dirt dirt dirt dirt dirt dirt everywhere DIRT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwnAWVoQTkI

relevant to thread title