Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

He sees the power of a god behind it. A power that has bested him!
I'm trying to get morrowind working, and I'm up to the step where I change the file date for the .bsa files. I've downloaded the file date changer, but when I attempt to change the dates it tells me it can't change the file and to check that I have permission to write to the file.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

Yes, I even changed the security options on the folder so that all the users could write to it and that did nothing.

Edit: I found the problem, it looks like I had to close the MGE for it to work. I don't know why.

Cytokinesis fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 13, 2011

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

A question, I've installed BTB, Less Generic NPCs, Better Heads, and Galsiah's Character Development mod. One of them is crashing my computer, and I'm not sure which. I play, doing nothing special, and suddenly my computer crashes out of nowhere. Do any of these have a history of causing crashes? Or is there an incompatibility issue?

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

If I use Oggum's pack, can I/is it beneficial to still install MGSO and MGE?

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

I finally went through the motions and installed all of Oggo's mods, except for wakims game improvements, in the load order he suggested.

I can get the load screen up without an errors, but when I try to start a new game my Morrowind is crashing. Does anyone know what could be doing this?

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

Oggumogoggum posted:

Is it a straight crash-to-desktop or is there any error message?

I saw an error message once for about a second, I think it said "GaL...." something, but it disappeared too quickly for me to tell.

Every time since then it has crashed to desktop, giving me an error message to shut Morrowind down.

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

Oggumogoggum posted:

Might be an error with Galsiah's Character Development, which can be spotty sometimes. I remember when I compiled the pack, I would still get a GCD-related crash on startup about one in 10 launches. Are you using a new savegame? You really should be when installing all those mods.

I am using a new game. And thank you, you are right, GCD is causing the crash. Do you know any way to fix it? I really don't want to play with Morrowind's base settings, and I remember liking GCD's changes.

Cytokinesis fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

Oggumogoggum posted:

I can't play without GCD either, but I'm not sure how to definitively fix it. :\ Try launching a few more times, and if the crash persists, give MADD Leveler a shot instead (disclaimer, I've never used this mod, but it looks like it does the same thing and people seem to approve).

I've managed to get it work by disabling GCD-Teopatch. I can run all the other parts of GCD. I'm not sure what teopatch does, but hopefully that is good enough.