Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
OpenMW has a really cool feature you can turn on that changes the crosshair red when you look at something that is owned. Now I can pick up items and sleep without worry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SniperWoreConverse posted:

what the poo poo

This is probably nothing. Windows shows that when you download and run any unsigned exe file. It hasn’t actually detected anything malicious, it just assumes anything not cryptographically signed is a virus.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

It turns out there's a limit to how many ingredients you can put in the alchemy desk in Uvirith's Legacy and it's somewhere around 20,000 eyeballing my inventory. TIME TO FLOOD MORROWIND WITH AMAZING POTIONS OF poo poo NO ONE WOULD EVER WANT like 440 seconds of restore 900 luck

It is a weight limit, not a item count limit. Get rid of your hundreds of scrap metal that you will never use and you should be great.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Vichan posted:

That reminds me, the 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' video featuring him has been scrubbed from the internet. :smith:

I know this is a few months old but I found a google drive link to this bad boy. Download it and cherish it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bf2SAeG5ziDgmS6If1O0w5zRI1htidiZ/view

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just build your own house. Mine had a dagoth ur in the basement who repairs my gear.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The construction set also comes bundled in with the gog release. It is pretty easy to use except the controls to move the camera around in the 3d viewport are just the worst thing ever which complicates building big spaces.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they were only ever officially distrubuted through bethesda's website but it looks like they were taken down in some redesign that happened since then.

e: Found it and it had a warning on one mod I think is relevant. Looks like the LaFemme armor won't work if you have a TNT2 so watch out for that.

https://web.archive.org/web/20021003214101fw_/http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php?url=/downloads/media_wallpapers.htm&bg=05

Rahu fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 20, 2023

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It also adds the best new option, sky blending, so big terrain and buildings in the distance doesn't suddenly appear when they pass the far clipping plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
OpenMW mod management owns, you can install mods without clobbering any of the stock data files and easily change the load order completely non-destructively.