Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shes In Parties
Apr 30, 2009

Imperialism is a manifestation of state terrorism.

Syphilicious! posted:

What's the best build for just strongarming your way through this game as a mage? I've beaten Morrowind before but never fully made my way through the expansions and I'd like to get it over with. I want to be a mage since Telvanni House is the Best House and I remember getting a lot more cool poo poo that way. I'll probably have long blade as a major since I'm still going to be whacking things and that's the best for it but other than that I don't know what skill choice is best and what will gently caress me over in the long run.

I'm not doing any mods or anything I don't think, that poo poo always ended up corrupting my save files. Help a brother out

Alchemy. Make five fortify intelligence potions. Drink them. Make five more fortify intelligence potions. Drink those. Do this until you feel your intelligence is sufficiently ridiculous, and make any potions you want. Make any spell you feel like and enjoy being god!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes In Parties
Apr 30, 2009

Red Baron posted:

Quick question: I'm gonna install MGE XE and see if that can make my water reappear and my ghost-images... Haunt someone else? Anyway, once i install MGE XE and get it all configured proper-like, should I go into MGE and disable all the active shaders, or just leave everything like I have it now in MGE?

MGE:XE should start by default once you do all that. Just follow the steps in knot's guide and whatnot :). Shadows own.

Shes In Parties
Apr 30, 2009

Biggest thing I found to help with FPS is grass density. Do it at like 50 percent with 90 percent mesh detail.

Shes In Parties
Apr 30, 2009

Few things!

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=7380

There's a "Less Generic Nerevarine" made by the same fella who did the Bloodmoon and Tribunal ones. It's pretty awesome.

I'd also really recommend LGNPC : Pax Redoran.

Shes In Parties
Apr 30, 2009

Shinino Kage posted:

Since they kill me so quick I can't catch their names, is there a console command I can use to determine this?

TGM will make you invincible. Be invincible long enough to check them out.

Also pulling up the console and just clicking on them should tell you their names.

Shes In Parties
Apr 30, 2009

For anyone looking to install/mod morrowind again, go with the MGSO, patch it completely, then install/configure MGE:XE.

After that, I went through BTB's mod list and installed everything that wasn't a graphics mod, and then added Passive Healthy Wildlife. The LGNPC stuff adds a huge amount of content quest wise. I've been debating adding the Tamriel Rebuilt mod, but don't know how nice it plays with everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes In Parties
Apr 30, 2009

So, just as a general, well, head's up, i'm gonna be doing a screenshot LP of Morrowind once MGSO 2.0 comes out. What with Skyrim being out these days (and me burning out on it) and my general love of TES lore, i'm hoping to do a relatively "standard" playthrough while highlighting a lot of the fun stuff for people who may not remember the game well :).