Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Flaky posted:

Ho Ho what luck a new Morrowind thread!

I have lost count of the number of times I have started playing this drat devilish game and never making any progress past the few starting quests. I just get my rear end handed to me every time.

I need some advice on what is the most time-efficient way of creating a super-powerful mage. I basically just want to explore the end-level content, see all the sights, spells, quests etc. I am not too concerned with ruining game balance at this point, but having said that I don't want to just cheat my way through everything.

I would go with a Breton, take the mage sign (This will give you 2x more mana, but at the cost of 50% weakness to magic. Being a Breton gives you 50% resistance to magic so they cancel each other out). As for skills, it might be best to go for a battle mage. That way when you run out of mana (often) you wont be totally helpless. The best way to play legitamately without cheating is to focus on becoming really good at destruction. When you level up put your points into intelligence and willpower, these will give you more mana and ensure your spells dont fail. Avoid fire spells as the dark elves are resistant to them, I find shock or poison to be useful. In about 2 days of play as a mage (No exploits, No mods) you can become powerful enough to take on just about anything. Joining the mages guild and house Telvanni gives you all sorts of awesome mage helping rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Skyrim was beautiful when it came out and really scratched the itch for a new Elder Scrolls game, but even back in 2011 I thought they were taking the piss with the size of the towns and cities. Solitude was just stupid and I couldn't believe it was supposed to be the capital city. It had less going on than Pelagiad.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Is there a way to just conveniently install TR and get going with it? Or does it have a thousand other required mods that all each require tweaking and messing about with?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

for some reason i've got this irrational fear of trying to put tamriel rebuilt over my already-modded copy of morrowind, despite intellectually knowing that they should work fine (or at least troubleshootably) together. the installation guidelines even say to just rearrange the load order!!

I want to install TR but I too am worried about what happens to the fragile list of mods I have.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Oh my god, I am trying to install TR and I am so muddled up. I want the music, but that needs MUSE2, which needs MGE XE, which needs Morrowind code patch. Is there anywhere that has a step by step guide on how to do this. What is OpenMW? I've got something called the Mod Organiser, which I've not looked at for years. This is my current list of stuff and I am not sure what is or is not compatible with Tamriel Rebuilt. I am massively struggling to figure it out. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

It appears past me had done a lot of these things, I have the code patch and MWSE / XE. I think I have done it. It loaded up and I can see all the new landmass on my map. I haven't played Morrowind in years! I am hoping to capture some of that 2002 absolute awe I felt playing it for the first time. I genuinely can't think of a game that has come close to how Morrowind was on release.