Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
I honestly really enjoyed Bloodmoon (with the rebalance mod) as a change of scenery. It felt like a silly weekend adventure after completing the base game's main quest. It would have been nice if there were more interactions with the mainland, though (e.g., East Empire Company shenanigans).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
Any recommendations for thieving or stealth mods? Things to make a thief character work without relying on chameleon or telekinesis spells (been there, done that on the latter). If the answer is "don't," well, I understand. I'm trying to make it somewhat of a self-imposed challenge but not completely masochistic.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

Thanks for the recommendations. I really want to try a stealth character since that would get me out of my comfort zone in Morrowind, but it looks like I'll also have to get comfortable with using the vanilla game (I've stuck to OpenMW so far).

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

The AI voice Dagoth Ur videos have made me want to play again... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxRmXuc6euM This one might be my favorite. It also makes me wish they kept the player's option to join the Sixth House (maybe I'll try one of the mods that attempts it).

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

Wasn't there some attempt at NPC schedules for Morrowind? It didn't sound like it worked very well though.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

voice acting in rpgs was a mistake.

I once upset a video game voice actor by saying that (I didn't know that it was his job). I still agree.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

IIRC the later Imperial Cult quests were added hastily to give ways to get cool items they had thought of and didn't have a way to obtain yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

Dragomorph posted:

Just confirmed the "50 reputation Level 20" bypass works today. Which is good, because even nearly at level 40 I kind of don't want to fight, uh... *counts on fingers* potentially EVERY SINGLE TELVANNI COUNCILOR due to the fact my mods and faction choices have put everybody but Aryon at a whopping *0* unshiftable disposition with me.

Bear in mind this is with TR installed, so that would mean all the ones on the mainland too.

...oops.

I planned my last playthrough around using the bypass haha. I really dislike the Hortator quests. I always wondered how you could get away with showing your face around the Great Houses once the Tribunal Temple has declared you a heretic.