Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

It is only logical to bang one's head
So Morrowind is now looking awesome and running ok on my machine. Are there any mods that work with MGE-XE (no MWSE right?) and make melee combat not suck? I already know of Combat Enhanced, but is there anything newer/better available now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

ParagonParadox27 posted:

You should use MWSE. You should not use Combat Enhanced because it requires MWE.

Right, yeah, I have this backwards - it's MWE that MGE-XE doesn't come with, it has its own internal version of MWSE though yeah? Does such a mod even exist or is Combat Enhanced the only game in town?

ElectricSheep posted:

Followed all the steps and discovered that one of my Bloodmoon mesh files hosed off to somewhere (BM_Snow_01.nif). Maybe I missed reading about this issue somewhere, but I did a clean reinstall from original CDs (NOT to Program Files) and followed the directions again. Same issue, same missing file.

In case anyone else has this problem, you can fix it by running the BSA registration program that comes with the overhaul again. At some point during the installation or updating process (not sure when, did it all in one go) the archive list in the INI file is removed.

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Well, Combat Enhanced is a really crappy piece of work. If you want something to rework the combat system, there's always Gratuitous Violence with Depth Perception on a low-medium setting of Fortify Attack.

This looks awesome, thanks man.

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

adamarama posted:

I'm new to modding, but crave more Elder Scrolls after finishing Skyrim. I have both Morrowind and Oblivion installed. Graphically, is MGSO 2.0 better than Morrowblivion? I like the idea of playing Morrowind in the Oblivion engine but have not tried it yet. Anyone tried it?

I'm sure you've decided one way or the other by now, but in case anyone else is wondering, many of armour meshes in Morroblivion are absolutely hideous to the point where it ruined everything else for me (the environments are fine, quests seem to be implemented properly)

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

There's this too: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46118/

IIRC it has more variety in terms of flora. It also adds additional groundcover meshes (more grass & ferns and poo poo, basically) for that jungle feeling, but that obviously impacts performance so YMMV. There's a jungle ambience sound mod by the same author too.

I've tried to mod Oblivion to not be generic fantasyland, but even with the various stability mods/ENBoost or whatever, it still performs incredibly poorly and crashes if you look at it funny, so I usually give up halfway through. Polishing a turd etc.