Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
This should really be added to the OP: DO NOT EVER USE MORROWIND ENHANCED FOR ANY REASON. It's buggy and demonstrably increases crashing and savegame corruption. The only mod for it that is even remotely decent is NPC Enhanced and that's got a MWSE conversion mod available for it. So, seriously, don't use it. It's been analyzed to hell and back by the community and was long ago deemed worthless and detrimental to your game's stability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
I think you can, since it's probably not made a permanent change to your Block skill. It's probably just a 'drain by 100; press Block key to remove drain' mod like they all are.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Shinino Kage posted:

Hrm. Need to figure out what to turn off to improve FPS. I'm floating around 20-25 going through cities right now.

Ideas on what to do without completely sacrificing graphics quality?

Poor you. Balmora is at 10 on my system. 20-25 is at least playable and barely even noticeable.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
You should use MWSE. You should not use Combat Enhanced because it requires MWE.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Myopic posted:

Right, yeah, I have this backwards - it's MWE that MGE-XE doesn't come with, it has its own internal version of MWSE though yeah? Does such a mod even exist or is Combat Enhanced the only game in town?

Well, Combat Enhanced is a really crappy piece of work. If you want something to rework the combat system, there's always Gratuitous Violence with Depth Perception on a low-medium setting of Fortify Attack.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Positronic Spleen posted:

This is probably a really stupid question, but where do I get the TES CS for Morrowind? I'm only getting junk results through Google search, but it definitely exists.

And Bethesda's official site is now an immense pile of loving poo poo, so you can't get it from there, either. Really awesome work, BethSoft.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
You're not wrong. You SHOULD be. But it's Morrowind, a very poorly-optimized game that is extremely restricted on its utilization of modern architectural boons, such as 64-bit, multiple gigs of DDR3 RAM, DirectX9+ functionality, et cetera. So, yeah, your poo poo's going to be a bit crappy. Deal. w/. it.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Naky posted:

Oh, and while all Gamebryo games are very much affected by file fragmentation, Morrowind is especially bad with it. Defrag your drives that have your morrowind files - all the copying and pasting for mods will affect it and even a 5% overall file fragmentation can seriously affect your FPS. Don't ask how, it just does.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll do that tonight!

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
You probably have a mod that requires Ice Robes or whatever it's called.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

soscannonballs posted:

Ok I fixed my robe mesh problem, but now I am running into a new problem. Sometimes my game just crashes. There aren't any error messages or anything, it just closes. It is still playable, I would just have to quicksave a lot, but does anyone know what could be causing this?

Welcome to Morrowind.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Shinino Kage posted:

So I'm playing, and doing a Let's Play, and there's 2 people right at the edgeo f Seyda Neen. AS soon as they see me, they summon Ancestral Ghosts and attack. Obviously, I die. Often.

Any idea what mod might be causing this? I do have the Delayed Brotherhood Attack mod enabled...

This is probably MCA or some other NPC addition mod that includes hostile entities as part of its leveled lists, scripted spawns, or hand-placed entries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
I'm pretty sure I know enough about modding to make Hold It's babies usable as throwing weapons. Anyone down for chucking babies for massive damage? I could probably add the explosive effect fire spells generate to them, making them more comically bombs, too.