Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Webbeh posted:

Cedric is whack. This should be old news to y'all.

On a different note, Deloused just got a vinyl reissue. The only album I don't have on vinyl... so tempting.

Hope the Amazon one is just a plain black and not $45 cause I don't care about colors that much or this reissue if its gonna be $45.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
And we finally found out the source of the 15 track demo from post-Noctourniquet:

quote:

I can tell you that the 15 tracks that got leaked, was from someone we thought was a friend stealing preproduction demos off of Omar's laptop. And that person kind of ruined it for me because now everything has code names and is kept very secret until the last possible second. I didn't even know Antemasque was a new band or who was even in it until 2 weeks ago. Didnt even find out the actual name of the song til it was posted to iTunes. Thanks jerk!

So much (post-)TMV news.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
So wait, when did Cedric stop hating Omar for doing Bosnian Rainbows or whatever?

travislopes
Jun 4, 2011
Around early March

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIZFR70uIDM

Teaser for the next track being leaked.

Cedric's vocals... whoa.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Webbeh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIZFR70uIDM

Teaser for the next track being leaked.

Cedric's vocals... whoa.
Oh yeah, this is my most anticipated album of the drat year now.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The new track is on bandcamp now. http://antemasque.bandcamp.com/track/hangin-in-the-lurch

I think I like this one even more

emdash fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 10, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That fuzz :flashfap:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Much much better than 4AM on first listen.

Remember - buy it if you like it!

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

I thought the second track was a bit boring, likes 4am way better. There's just a lot more oomph to the singing, I dunno.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
This one grabs me more than 4am did. Really hyped for this album now.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Cedric is putting out some real big lyrical cliches for this project.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
That second song is real good.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Does anyone know what happened to Zavalaz? I know they played some live shows last year and based on the recordings I can find on Youtube, I really like the material. But no album ever came out and the most recent piece of news I can find is a posting on their Facebook page from September of last year saying that they were about to wrap up recording.

edit: Never mind, I looked at their twitter and there was a post from a month ago saying they're still around. I hope they drop that album soon because I really can't wait.

But to continue the Antemasque discussion, I really like those two songs and can't wait to hear more from them as well.

homewrecker fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 11, 2014

travislopes
Jun 4, 2011
People Forget

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Easily my favorite of the three.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
This whole project is really weird. It has an air of them taking a break from trying to absolutely kill it as a prog band and instead deciding to settle for being a really stellar rock band...it's got a lot of ATDI shades.

And yeah Cedric is calling it in for lyrics but whatever, I always had a feeling he's been taking the piss half the time since FTM. I didn't really care because I don't usually care about lyrics and his voice was always really really good.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I hate to say it but I'm really not digging either of the new tracks. I've listened to both multiple times and can kinda get into parts of them, but not really. Something really rubs me the wrong way and I think it's mostly the way Cedric is singing, and I guess I always preferred the more noodly weird side of TMV/Omar stuff and these are just straight ahead short rock songs pretty much. I'll still check out the album though!

edit: ok I just checked out the third track and its better with that cool breakdown and all, but the vocals still bother me, Cedric sounds a lot like Chris Robinson who is considered a good singer I guess but really really not my thing

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 11, 2014

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I am not feeling optimistic about this based on those samples, but at least they're making music together again?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

People Forget is awesome too. I wonder if we'll have heard the entire album within the next week though, at the rate they're releasing tracks.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Hangin in the Lurch has been stuck in my head all day in a really annoying way. Can't believe how catchy it is compared with TMV stuff. I'm not criticizing it's just a pretty drat big shift. The album looks like to be pretty rockin'.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I can definitely tell how these songs are sort of the natural progression of what Omar's been doing since the break up, which seems to have started with Noctourniquet. Which in retrospect I think is probably the most interesting record they put out post-Frances, although it's not my favorite.

Part of me is still wondering if this is either 1. a one-off project or 2. an elaborate front for a Volta reunion with Antemasque being the album. Both are probably unlikely but if Flea isn't in the band, they call Juan, they call an old guitar player, and bam, you have Frusciantemasque.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Silver Brushes posted:

Frusciantemasque.

We are through the looking glass here people

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Rollersnake posted:

I am not feeling optimistic about this based on those samples, but at least they're making music together again?

It's not mind blowing, but the cool thing about Omar is he's probably written and recorded 5 different albums in the last 3 months so maybe there's a Mars Volta or Nuevo record in that pile.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Giga Gaia posted:

It's not mind blowing, but the cool thing about Omar is he's probably written and recorded 5 different albums in the last 3 months so maybe there's a Mars Volta or Nuevo record in that pile.
Or maybe we'll keep getting a new Antemasque song every day for the next month :haw:

brandino
Apr 15, 2002

Loving those 3 Antemasque songs, and it's definitely in keeping with the tighter straight forward song writing from the last Volta and Bosnian Rainbows albums.

Does anyone know wtf happened to the other El Grupo Nuevo albums? Really thought there were 2 other albums already recorded when the first was released, but maybe it turned into something else.

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

I am not getting where some of you guys are hearing any ATDI in this at all. It is still loving awesome, but it doesn't sound remotely like (especially pre-ROC) ATDI.

travislopes
Jun 4, 2011
If you guys dig ANTEMASQUE and haven't done so yet, it's highly recommended you buy all three singles by Monday. (Make sure it's all on the same platform.)

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Uh, why?

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010
Looks like their bandcamp is empty all of a sudden?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

travislopes posted:

If you guys dig ANTEMASQUE and haven't done so yet, it's highly recommended you buy all three singles by Monday. (Make sure it's all on the same platform.)

Yeah I'll make sure to google Monday right away.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
travislopes was just trying to help, noodlers:

quote:

Ok allow me to re-hype you. It would probably be a good idea to buy all three tracks by Sunday at midnight. The band REALLY appreciates early supporters...more to follow on Monday.

Sounds like they're dropping something on Monday for the people who bought all three tracks from bandcamp or iTunes.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I thought Monday was some other band.

travislopes
Jun 4, 2011

WASDF posted:

I thought Monday was some other band.

Nope. Was referring to the day of the week, Monday.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't mind Monday but they're always following two other bands who can't be beat.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
And the news:

quote:

Edit 6: Stayed up till 5am last night on the tiny chat and Matt actually came on. Gave us bits of juicy details about what is going on. In summation; reissues and mixes of De-Loused and Tremulant are coming out as well as an Antemasque album.

Omar has started a record label of his own which will release his projects and people affiliated with his projects projects AND will periodically release material from "the vault". Unreleased material will be released on this new label and made available through there own servers and website. This label is called "Nadie" and will function on ridiculously low prices. The model of which was used for the Antemasque tracks; buy 3 tracks when they're released and get the album for free when it's released. This model will apply to all vault and future releases. Antemasque tour is also being planned.

Matt did mention he's been trying to persuade O+C to do an AMA too!

RollingStone and some other publications will have official articles soon

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Interested to hear a remastered Deloused, even though I never had any complaints about the mix.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Deloused sounds fantastic but Omar didn't produce it therefore

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Remaster of Deloused (Remastered in the Comatorium?) and Antemasque album :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Interested to hear a remastered Deloused, even though I never had any complaints about the mix.

I always thought Ikey was a little drowned out in the mix, having gone from the Tremulant EP and early Deloused demos to the actual album. That said, I prefer Rick Rubin's work on Deloused than all the other Volta albums Omar produced.

• Locked thread