Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Wazzit posted:

I always thought Ikey was a little drowned out in the mix, having gone from the Tremulant EP and early Deloused demos to the actual album. That said, I prefer Rick Rubin's work on Deloused than all the other Volta albums Omar produced.

Agreed on the Rubin front, and I certainly wouldn't complain about more keys in the mix. If I had to pick one reason Scabdates is absolutely essential it's hearing Ike so big and freely improvising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Still waiting on official word and a press release on this.

The Comatorium has been down since about midnight.

brandino
Apr 15, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Agreed on the Rubin front, and I certainly wouldn't complain about more keys in the mix. If I had to pick one reason Scabdates is absolutely essential it's hearing Ike so big and freely improvising.

I'm pretty sure Rubin produces with more of an overall direction and less knob tweaking, but I could be wrong. I do also like how Deloused sounds for the most part, although there is some (what sounds like) peaking in the loud parts.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
More details on what's coming out tonight:

quote:

Tremulant EP 2014 remaster available tonight: Confirmed
New Le Butcherettes available tonight: Confirmed
ANTEMASQUE singles with album pre-order available tonight: Confirmed

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

It's a good time to me an Omar fan.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I will buy that Tremulant remaster and I will be very happy to do so.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Webbeh posted:

That soon?! :eyepop:

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

Webbeh posted:

All of it in my veins please.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Once this system goes up, Omar and Cedric gonna get all my money.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
good lord

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I am going to buy all of those things.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
http://www.spin.com/articles/antema...ign=spintwitter

quote:

Starting at 12:01 a.m. EST on April 16, the first 10,000 fans to purchase the other three songs (for $4) via Rodríguez-López's self-run label and production house, nadie, will also get "Drown All Your Witches," which is exclusive to this offer; they'll also get a code to download Antemasque's self-titled album on July 1, two weeks early. Fans who've already bought the songs can pick three songs from Rodríguez-López's other bands, the Mars Volta and Le Butcherettes, and also get the album download code. There are a couple of other buying options; more information will also be available at Antemasque's Facebook page today. (The tracks will still be available on iTunes, but the free allbum offer is available only through nadie.)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy gently caress, I picked the wrong time to go on vacation. Wonder if I can buy this stuff on my phone.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
And a few more details on what the Deloused remaster is:

quote:

Tremulant is coming out today at launch. There are issues with deloused that came up right as we were trying to launch and is what has pushed everything back by 24 hours. We are going to launch without it today and do another promotion with Tremulant. It will include either a download code for Deloused when it is released (same deal as AM) or another promotion. Deloused WILL be happening as either vinyl, download, or both and it is very cool. It's Omar and Rick's original mixes they did together and it's a lot more raw from what I've heard.

Sounds like they're hitting a few snags getting the permission to go with it, so we'll see it soon.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
And it's up: http://nadie.spinshop.com/

Tremulant and ANTEMASQUE singles are up.

Buy and support Omar + Cedric.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 15, 2014

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

bonus track is pretty cool. hope to see some more physical items come from this store in the future.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Whoever set this thing up was completely incompetent at tagging and tracknumbering files :(

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

TheQat posted:

Whoever set this thing up was completely incompetent at tagging and tracknumbering files :(

I know. It's killing me. Tremulant has two track #1s, for fucks sakes.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I just cleaned those up for myself. The singles are like tagged as Nadie Music for the artist and then Burned All The Witches was the only one with artwork and it was just some band pic and all the songs are ANTEMASQUE - SONG

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Maybe all these gently caress ups are actually part of a secret code game that will give you access to that DVD Omar has been working on for a decade.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

They got to stay one step ahead of whoever it was that stole poo poo from Omar's laptop and leaked it

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

If only.

Concertina sounds loving fantastic, btw. This remaster is good stuff so far.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I hadn't heard Burned All the Witches until now. Sounds a bit acoustic Zeppelin

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
How different are the Tremulant remasters? I want to give it a listen but the store doesn`t seem to be working any more.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Shelf Adventure posted:

How different are the Tremulant remasters? I want to give it a listen but the store doesn`t seem to be working any more.

Should be back up at midnight (with better tags, I hope!).

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
This is awesome, can't wait to give them my money.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

This is awesome, can't wait to give them my money.

http://nadiesound.com/

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
On the website, still says "first 10,000...". Im assuming 10,000 people haven't bought yet? Any of the people mainlining the secrets of the Volta know anything different?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Moatillata posted:

On the website, still says "first 10,000...". Im assuming 10,000 people haven't bought yet? Any of the people mainlining the secrets of the Volta know anything different?

This should help: http://forum.thecomatorium.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127298#entry3660781

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
If you can't be bothered to register for the comatorium it sounds like they haven't hit the 10,000 mark yet and if you buy it now you'll still be on a VIP list. Also there are 3 different VIP lists, one for antemasque, one for les bucherettes and one for the Mars volta depending on what you buy from the shop.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Shelf Adventure posted:

If you can't be bothered to register for the comatorium it sounds like they haven't hit the 10,000 mark yet and if you buy it now you'll still be on a VIP list. Also there are 3 different VIP lists, one for antemasque, one for les bucherettes and one for the Mars volta depending on what you buy from the shop.

Well played. I can't be bothered. Thanks for the info.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Moatillata posted:

Well played. I can't be bothered. Thanks for the info.

Whoops, didn't realize it was registration-only.

And new Bromar albums coming:

quote:

Wow, you guys should hear the ORL solo record I am mixing right now. It's like some retro-future pink floyd spy music...really good stuff man...really good

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 25, 2014

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Cedric has been going nuts with the Antemasque twitter and it's even more unbearable than his own feed right now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
shutup chankla

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Culooooo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha, TMV's Twitter tweeted that the Antemasque Twitter was hacked and now it's been taken down.

No it loving wasn't. Cedric is just insane and has far too much free time.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahahaha, TMV's Twitter tweeted that the Antemasque Twitter was hacked and now it's been taken down.

No it loving wasn't. Cedric is just insane and has far too much free time.

Maybe he should take some of that free time and release the goddamned Zavalaz album already :mad:

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
Some celebrities really shouldn't be given free access to twitter because they say awful things before their PR can step in and tell them to shut the gently caress up.

Cedric is fine though because he can be as offensive as he wants because no-one can understand what the hell he is saying most of the time.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

shop radio cast is doing a limited blue pressing of amputechture

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/The-Mars-Volta-%252d-Amputechture-2XLP.html

I don't think i can justify that $41 price tag right now but some of you might be interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
Cedric has been talking on twitter. Basically, current vinyl rereleases of volta stuff are bootlegs, they plan to rerelease vinyls themselves under "nadie" and...

"@cedricbixler_: Not to mention whatever else Omar has as far as live material which is all recorded. Who knows what we decide but there is so much"

Potential live stuff.

• Locked thread