Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

Toast Museum posted:

For some reason I thought the Firefox button and tabs-on-top were related. If I can save some space and keep the tabs on the bottom, I'm good with that. Moving the tabs to the top doesn't put them inline with the Firefox button anyway, so in terms of space usage it doesn't seem to matter whether the tabs are on top or bottom.

What? It saves quite a bit of space having them on top.

The firefox button and tabs are inline with eachother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

clockworkjoe posted:

I upgraded to version 6 on my windows 7 desktop and macbook pro laptop. I have fireftp on both computers and it no longer seems to work on either computer. What's weird is that the add-ons menu says Fireftp works but there's no firestp option in the tools menu.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled (restarting Firefox) but that didn't work.

Odd. works fine for me.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Didn't see anyone mention this, but Firefox 7 has been in beta for a few weeks:
[list]
[*]Drastically improved memory use

don't they basically list this everytime, but yet firefox still uses a huge amount of memory?

I love firefox but it seems they put that into every release but it never gets THAT much better.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

Microsoft Security Essentials is the only antivirus i install anymore and I haven't had an infected machine on a customer's computer in a long time.

Anyone using Aurora and having issues with netflix minimum requirements? I've changed the user agent to FF6 and 4 and neither makes a difference..

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

in Firefox 6, how do I move the + tab icon to the Right? it's on the left and I don't like it there.

Right click in empty space (around the address bar, etc) and goto Customize, then drag the + icon to where you want it.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

Standish posted:

Try vacuuming your places database

He's using a new profile, database information is all profile specific, so creating a new profile is better than vacuuming the sql lite database.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

Blah. I found that addon, but hoped I wouldn't have to resort to something like that. Oh well, thanks anyway!

Why is it such a big deal? I like the new look, I dont see why it's that big of a deal..