Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's TabMixPlus and Greasemonkey butting heads; there's a quick-fix here if you want to keep both running.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a way to cram the urlbar and the like into the titlebar? It's like a whole extra toolbar of space and I can't put anything in it! (I'm not counting tabs, I use vertical tabs)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Holy poo poo, thanks! I now have single-bar supremacy.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How do I remove an Add-On that is incompatible with the current version of Firefox? I have a Skype addon for some dumbshit reason, but because it's not compatible with 9.0, I don't have any options to activate/deactivate/uninstall or anything. I just want it gone.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Move that reload button out of the way.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Fangs404 posted:

Can you uninstall it if you launch FF with admin rights? Also, I seem to remember that you can uninstall the Skype addon through the control panel's add/remove programs.

Thanks! I used the add/remove programs option and it's gone now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Right-click anywhere, select "inspect element", and then the bottom of the screen will have a '3D' button. Press that poo poo. I literally have no idea what any of it means, but it's incredible.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Go to Options > Advanced, uncheck smooth scrolling.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Side tabs are only acceptable if you also jam the navigation buttons and address bar into the Title Bar. I want ALL my vertical space.
(edit) like so:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm running Firefox 15.0.1. Personal Titlebar is probably what you're looking for here. The rest is an elaborate mangle of Tree Style Tab and Stratiform.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Keyboard Kid posted:

Does anyone have suggestions for a basic vertical tabs extension? I loved how Chrome handles this, and the few I've tried on Firefox aren't quite what I'm looking for. I do not want tab trees or groups.

I'm pretty sure either Vertical Tabs or Side Tabs will do what you're looking for. But man, the trees are the best part.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sorry. I fired them up long enough to make sure they ran, but didn't check past that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
For Downloadstatusbar, just go to the options and select 'full mode'. Now your downloads will be in a little bar at the bottom of the screen again.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm running Firefox 25.0, and for the last few days I've been unable to read Youtube comments. I can't really say I mind, but has this been happening to anyone else?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
:doh: Right, that should have been the first thing I checked. It was one of those download extensions that don't ever really work.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You can do this if you have Stylish installed. Just go into the User Styles page in your Add-Ons Manager, hit 'Write New Style,' and paste the code below in the box provided. Also, I checked it and it seems to work. Images won't load on Twitter unless you click 'Expand,' which I think is what you were trying to do?

code:

@-moz-document url-prefix([url]https://twitter.com[/url]) {

ol#stream-items-id > li.stream-item > div.tweet div.media {

display: none;

}

}

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How did you change out the colours? I like having my browser match my desktop and powder blue everything isn't helping.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I am still a slave to Tree Style Tabs. Nobody else does vertical tabs right. Or at all. And the branching structure is really good for keeping track when I fall into Wikipedia or someplace like that. I also used to use Stratiform, but when Firefox had that big UI change it never really recovered.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Any particular reason everyone is leaping off the Adblock Plus train? Is the new add-on just generally better, or does it turn out that ABP secretly fills everyone's PC with spiders or something and I just managed to miss the news post?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Does anyone know what could be causing this? Two or three times I day, Firefox will freeze, and I'll get this error message:

Firefox posted:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.
Script: chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml:2089
After stopping the script, I can no longer close tabs. It happens irregularly enough that I'm having trouble figuring out if it's one of my addons, but it's driving me crazy.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I thought it was Tab Mix Plus originally, because the error message used to have this

code:
Script: chrome://tabmixplus/content/changecode.js line 1 > eval:4
as the bad script, but after uninstalling and deleting TabMixPlus it changed to the error I posted previously. Sorry, I really feel like I should have mentioned that first but honestly I've been having this problem for a while now and forgot that the error message had changed once I removed that addon.
The only addons that I think would affect tabs at all are Tab Wheel Scroll, Tree Style Tab, Multiple Tab Handler, and maybe Classic Theme Restorer.

I could live without any of the others but I hope to god it's not Tree Style Tab loving up.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, what's Add-on signing, and why did it disable everything I love?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think I originally swapped to Firefox Nightly in a comically elaborate scheme to get Greasemonkey scripts working on mobile but I think this tab nonsense bothers me more than whatever the gently caress I was trying with userscripts.