Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Am I the only one who thinks that these releases are way too fast? I keep having to force compat checking to off, it messes up my greasemonkey scripts and such since they don't carry over, I hate it :(

Also it keeps bothering me to update and I'm not interested because of the previous reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

in Firefox 6, how do I move the + tab icon to the Right? it's on the left and I don't like it there.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Neu posted:

Right click in empty space (around the address bar, etc) and goto Customize, then drag the + icon to where you want it.

But when I do that the + icon shows on the right, but as soon as I get out of the customize menu it's on the left of my tabs :( I can't move it to the left because it doesn't go there...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

angrytech posted:

Have you checked about :config to make sure browser.tabs.closeButtons is set to 3?

I was going to check this when firefox locked up on me and I forcekilled it instead of just restarting it or normally closing it, and it seems to have moved from the left to the right :ms:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I recently updated to ff8 b5 and it seems like it's unresponsive to clicks sometimes, like sometimes I have to double click twice? What's up with that?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is it just me or is Firefox 8 really bloaty?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do I disable addon compat on the latest FF11 beta?

I want to install Restart Firefox because I know for a fact it works but even having the compatibility reporter installed wont let me force it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/checkcompatibility/

Nvm this worked. gently caress addon compatibility.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 14, 2012

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Fangs404 posted:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/restart-firefox-10749/ works with FF10. Just out of curiosity, why do you need this? If you're having issues, seems like you should either create a new profile or get rid of some lovely extensions.

Because I was using the beta channel updates and I didn't want to go back. The addons work fine, they're just not fast enough with listing them as working.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am bummed my work is thinking about dropping firefox support simply because firefox wants to drop silverlight, flash, etc. That should be their sign to get with the times, not double down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone else have aliasing problems on text on 46.0.1 64bit? As soon as I updated suddenly all text is unaliased and it's really frustrating. Been looking all day and haven't found anything concrete.