Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Any idea if it fixes text aliasing for hardware acceleration on lovely graphics cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Yup, although I got the lovely text aliasing in Firefox 4-6 and my graphics card isn't total bollocks (nVidia GTS 250).

That's good to hear, because I'm tired of the slow-as-poo poo HTML5 rendering :argh:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bebopaloobop posted:

Ever since upgrading to Firefox 6, links clicked in other programs won't open in Firefox unless the program is running as Administrator. Firefox isn't running as Admin, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it?

edit: Restarting Firefox fixed it. I guess since Firefox was still running from when I updated it, it was running as Administrator or something? I have no idea.

Administrative access is required to complete the upgrade. It was probably trying to do that.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fapos posted:

About the fonts, I had a little look around since they had changed again going from beta to aurora with hardware accelleration on and found gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode in about :config has a few options you can try:

-1 - Firefox default
0 - Default
1 - Aliased
2 - GDI Classic
3 - GDI Natural
4 - Natural
5 - Natural Symmetric

Mine was set to -1 but some characters look really weird, like "7" is really wide. I found 0 to be the best looking.

:aaa: Setting it to 3 fixed all of my font woes in Firefox 6. Thank you!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that these releases are way too fast? I keep having to force compat checking to off, it messes up my greasemonkey scripts and such since they don't carry over, I hate it :(

Also it keeps bothering me to update and I'm not interested because of the previous reasons.

It's bothering me because we don't have administrative access on the lab computer and it UAC keeps asking us to update :argh:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

jeeves posted:

Whoever set up your lab is dumb and didn't turn off auto-update checking for the lab environment.

It's a private research lab, not a teaching lab. My supervisor set up the computer.

EDIT: Is there any way to get separators and a Google Maps term in the quick search list?

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 8, 2011

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

NOTinuyasha posted:

Is anyone else getting spammed with sync errors?

I am, but I just assumed it's because of my internet connection, which has been total poo poo lately.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What's that theme that allows you to put the tabs in the title bar on Mac OS versions? I went through all ten pages of this thread and couldn't find it for the life of me. Maybe it was in the old thread.

Is the theme buggy at all?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yes they got rid of the stupid button borders. More viewing space for me :neckbeard:

Any idea when it will be added to the Ubuntu repositories?

Scott808 posted:

WTF is this dashed line thing for and how do I turn it off?

I assume it's related to favicons since I have those off, and that's where they normally go.

It's also used as a placeholder for webpages that have no icon. It used to be a blank paper icon, but now there's a couple of websites in my bookmarks without icons and it looks kind of goofy with those boxed outlines.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Prize Loser posted:

It's not a bug, it's a feature. It's so that you know what domain you're on, as an antiphishing feature. If you don't like it, go to about :config and toggle browser.urlbar.formatting.enabled to false.

He's referring to the wonky antialiasing.

Dark One, check out the "Text looks goofy!" section of the OP.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Thanks for this! There's a lot of empty space up there than can be used up on my Linux version.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I just started using Waterfox. Is there anything I should be aware of when Firefox is updated? What about extensions? Will updates to them keep between Firefox and Waterfox?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Internaut! posted:

Crossposting how to sync Firefox bookmarks on Mac with iCloud (Xmarks doesn't work anymore).

Why can't you use Sync? :confused:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

So now that Sync works for addons, are they going to completely poo poo when I update and sync Firefox on different computers? I like the idea of addon settings being synced, but I'm not keen on it happening without my discretion. Is there any way to customize the addon-syncing?

The reason is because I'm syncing between three different operating systems with different addons. One of which (Linux Mint) has a number of Ubuntu-specific addons that I don't want/need on my other systems.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Isn't there something you can do in about :config to do it, rather than installing an extension?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Have you ever wondered what it would look like to be inside your computer and see the back of your web browser? Now you can find out!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I want to thank you guys for opening up the world of visualizing random websites to me. I just had to use it on the greatest site on earth.

:supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Thanks, Waterfox uninstaller, for not warning me that removing my settings will also effect my Firefox install as well. :allears:

At least Sync retained my bookmarks. Now I have to get my addons back.