Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Updated to 7, yep, memory usage is clearly an improvement :v:

I don't remember 6 even coming close to 2gb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Silly aesthetic question but, is it possible to have a "background" instead of the white for blank/loading pages? It's mainly cause the bright white is hard on my eyes sometimes. I already have a dark theme for everything else, so I'm just wondering.

e: and/or a way to dim the default white (I realize I could gently caress with my monitor but it's perfect for everything else)

Daynab fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 13, 2011

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Alereon posted:

Firefox, Options, Content tab, Colors button, Background Color.

THANK YOU! Can't believe I never noticed that before. This helps greatly.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

I installed an old game which forced me to install an old flash player from the old era for some reason and firefox picked it up. (It was showing both that and the most recent one in extensions)

So I disabled it and uninstalled the version, rebooted and everything, but it still shows as existing but disabled. How do I get rid of it permanently from firefox?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

I have the exact same issue as Marinmo, I thought that was just flash. It persists through driver versions too.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

56k posted:

Updated to 21.0 and now mouse scroll is hosed up. It works sometimes and then other times will just plain not work. Strangely it will work when I hover over the the right hand scroll bar and use mouse scroll.

Are you using the Smoothwheel addon? I was, and I had a similar issue. Seems it's broken for the moment.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

MeramJert posted:

Yeah smoothwheel did this to me too. On the bright side, if it's been a while since you last scrolled without smoothwheel, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Native scrolling in Firefox is much better now.

Yeah, I noticed that. Though I feel like it doesn't scroll nearly enough still. I'm sure I can adjust the setting somewhere but :effort:

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

I don't know where to post this since this is more SA-related, but it only happens on FF.

Ever since yesterday, I can't log in to SA on firefox. I was browsing randomly and suddenly I was logged out. When I log in, it simply brings up the forum index with me logged out.

I've cleared cookies, cache, tried safe mode (with no addons), rebooted, nothing works. Anyone have any clue what might be going on? Every other site works just fine.

Posting from IE right now (ugh).

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Alereon posted:

Shut down the browser, rename your cookies.sqlite file, relaunch the browser, log back in. That kind of problem is usually due to a corrupted cookies database preventing new cookies for a site from being saved successfully.

Have tried so, makes no difference :(

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Alereon posted:

Any non-Microsoft security software installed? Anything that has a component running in the background could cause this. If not, try a completely clean profile, and that would be the last of my ideas.

Looks like I had to create an entirely new profile, strangely, even if I used utilities that backup the profile but didn't select cookies and such, it still didn't work.

Then again, my profile is probably like 3-4 years old, so it can't hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Different question, but how do I get Personas Rotator to actually rotate from random personas I haven't selected? It keeps saying to go to the options, but I don't see any way to access those. I can only select from favorites in the Personas Plus options?

edit: I do not get this menu where it shows all then a number. I assume that's what would be required for it to work. Every other option is there.

Daynab fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 30, 2013