Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abandon All Hope
Apr 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I know this isn't a tech support forum, but has anyone else had issues with random freezing since the update? Firefox 6 has been randomly "not responding" and then coming back after about 10-15 seconds, the perpetuity is annoying.

I've tried disabling all of my add-ons, accessing bookmarks from something other than the bar, and reinstalling FF5 (clean wipe), and nothing. Hope it's just me and not Firefox, because I'll be losing my favorite browser. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandon All Hope
Apr 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

LoKout posted:

It's been working fine for me, actually better than FF5. Have you tried making a new profile to see if that helps? If so, cleaning/compacting your SQLite databases might make a difference. They hold your history and some other stuff. CCleaner will do this for you if you want to give it a try.

I tried CCleaner, but to no effect, it was the second program I installed after I formatted!

I should be clear, in FF5, this simply did not happen, it ran flawlessly. I formatted, installed FF5 and it started freezing, did a clean wipe of the former install and installed Firefox 6, to the same effects. Very strange, but I will just use something in the interim! Thanks for the suggestion LoKout! :)