Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chunks Hammerdong
Nov 1, 2009

Lysidas posted:

I wonder how this will work with Ubuntu's release versioning. It used to be that an Ubuntu release would fix the major and minor versions of Firefox (along with everything else on the system), so e.g. Maverick will always have Firefox 3.6. Natty shipped with Firefox 4, but will automatically update you to 5. I wonder what the cutoff will be. Oneiric is coming along nicely (at least the Kubuntu daily builds that I've been playing with), so it wouldn't surprise me if Natty will stay with version 5.

I think I read that the Ubuntu guys decided that keeping browsers up to date was a good thing, so this isn't such an issue any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunks Hammerdong
Nov 1, 2009
I like to keep my previously opened tabs saved so that when Firefox opens they are all still there and I don't have to manually do it. However, Firefox hates it and takes bloody ages to load everything, along with much hard drive thrashing. It's only around 7-8 tabs as well.

This is generally only a problem for a few minutes in the morning but still, it eats into my internet pictures time while eating my breakfast :colbert:

I previously had an addon that would only load tabs when I clicked on them for the first time, which greatly reduced this problem but it stopped working at some point and I've forgotten what it is anyway. Anything else that does this?

Chunks Hammerdong
Nov 1, 2009

pseudorandom name posted:

Set browser.sessionstore.max_concurrent_tabs to 0.

My god. It's beautiful.

Thanks.