Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack MacAskill
Feb 21, 2011

Abandon All Hope posted:

Firefox 6 has been randomly "not responding" and then coming back after about 10-15 seconds, the perpetuity is annoying.
Don't think this will help you but my firefox started doing this exact thing today, for me I'm certain it was this 'Blank Tab Multivariate Test Addon' they installed overnight. Only twice managed to open a tab of frequent pages, but I suddenly want that feature so bad...

WattsvilleBlues posted:

numbering nerdrage
:ughh:
I'm just bummed 'Fire Fox Five' came and went in the blink of an eye. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack MacAskill
Feb 21, 2011

Seb posted:

Thanks, but I'd rather not depend on another extension. It's always a heartbreak when they go unsupported and you were sooo used to them...
Tab Mix Plus is a really popular extension, it's not likely to fall into disrepair any time soon. I'd think. There is always the 'disable compatibility check' thing in the OP.
There are loads of little options in there and so while there's a good chance you will come to depend on it, there's just so much to play with. Better to have tweaked and lost?

That said both TMP and the compatibility check option are not working for me since I switched to Aurora. Tab Mix won't let me reorder my tabs, new profile with nothing else installed is no help.
For now I'm using a couple of smaller extensions and I may be better off for it. Modified the maxversion in any incompatible extensions to get them going. Though if anyone has some quick suggestions I'll hear them.
Also my scrolling seems stuttery-er since 6 I think, but I haven't tried much to fix that besides the 'smooth scroll' options. Might be all in my head, I could install 5 for a while and see if that helps. It's only sometimes I'll be scrolling as I read, and the line I'm on keeps clipping in half?

A while ago someone was looking for a :frog: persona and I made one but didn't post it, though it has since grown on me. The one I'm using blinks, but I couldn't be bothered to get an animated .png (which I did not know existed) to work. :effort:

Edit: Suddenly 9, incompatible extensions working now, may be the 'add-on compatibility reporter' add-on.

Jack MacAskill fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 1, 2011

Jack MacAskill
Feb 21, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

So at some point between Monday and Yesterday, I lost to ability to enlarge embedded thumbnails on SA...I assume FF issued an update that broke whatever was letting it work before?
My resolution pop-up disappeared but I could still click in the general area and it'd work. Next day it came back, but about ten pixels lower. v:v:v

All else fails, Image Zoom is often preferable to switching to the default size (i.e. all fuckclobberin' huge pics). The full image is already loaded, so you're not just blowing up a thumbnail.

Jack MacAskill fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 3, 2012