Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Keyboard Kid posted:

Completely different subject: with Tree Style Tabs, I'd like to just have vertical tabs (no indents, no real trees). Turning all the New Tab options to 'independent tab' doesn't help for ctrl+click or right-click 'Open in New Tab' which is... pretty much every tab I open. Any ideas?
In the Appearance options, turn off tab indentation, tree collapsing/expanding, and twisties. Then under Tree options, make new tabs open as the first child. You should now only notice the "tree" structures if you rearrange tabs (you'll drag child tabs along), otherwise they will just be a bunch of vertical tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

When I use a non-default theme, how do I stop the tab titles from getting that stupid shadowed effect? It seems to happen with any custom theme, and I don't believe it's from an extension.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Customizable Shortcuts does the same thing (in fact I would not have been aware of any changes to Escape without your post) and it's a more useful extension in general.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Yousabletubefix is what I've been using for probably years at this point and it's never let me down. Even when a site update breaks it it's generally autoupdated within a few days.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Since updating to FF22, the "Undo Close Tab" and "Recently Closed Tabs" menu are disabled.

Before I start digging through my many addons for a possible culprit, has this happened to anyone else?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

Which extension adds those menu items in the first place?
Most of those should be from Tab Utilities. (Note that the official TU is outdated and you have to google for a user-made fix to make it run on FF22.)

Anyway, now Ctrl-Shift-T and the menu entries work again, after nothing but a few restarts. This puzzles me, since I don't know what may have changed; I had checked when the issue appeared and I wasn't in private mode, which is the only thing I can think of. Oh well.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

/hipstermode on

I've been using KeePass since before LastPass even existed, and when I first heard of people excitedly using a service that entrusted their password storage to some random company I remember facepalming so hard at the idiocy of the very concept.

I would still be facepalming exactly as hard even if LastPass, Inc. had a completely flawless security record and was in fact run by the seraphims of the empyrean choir themselves.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

As far as I can tell, the VPN is literally just Mullvad but with Mozilla branding and fewer options in the client than the regular Mullvad VPN service.

Isn't Mullvad one of if not the best VPN provider from the point of view of privacy?

Like, they're the guys whose entire sign-up process is 'here's a random number, send us some money tagged with that number (an anonymous envelope full of cash is fine) and we'll enable that account until the credit runs out'.

That's... a surprisingly good choice by Mozilla if so.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

dougdrums posted:

Is there another option that has this feature, and decent ad blocking? The lack of tab queuing is super annoying.

I blocked the upgrade solely because of the lack of tab queues. If you didn't, you can find Fennec APKs on F-Droid.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

bewilderment posted:

There's still no other browser that has a nice working tree-style tab addon that works like the one for Firefox works, right?

Chrome has a version that's more of a lovely sidebar that looks real ugly.

Vivaldi has built-in vertical tabs.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Does anybody know of an extension that lets you 'lock' or 'protect' a tab so that it can't be closed with the normal commands (ctrl-w / middle click / click on the X) until you unlock it?

edit: Pinning a tab is similar in that it turns ctrl-w into ctrl-tab, but it doesn't do what my setup needs unfortunately.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 22, 2020

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

I'm honestly more shocked that there are apparently serious performance problems with a dropdown menu that is just a bloody list of a few hundred short strings. I might understand if every entry had a fat object attached to it, but it's just a plain string, it ain't exactly Excel.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Stare-Out posted:

Might not be a Firefox thing but what the hell is happening with Twitter embeds? The links and hashtags in them are suddenly bold and white, the likes and replies are colored as though I've clicked on them and sometimes they're not. Is this Twitter or Firefox?

It's Firefox's Enhanced Tracking Protection, since twitter embeds let Twitter know that you're visiting the disreputable Something AwfulŽ forums.

You can turn it off from the shield icon in the URL bar. If you have uBlock Origin (of course you do) it also seems to block the actual tracking requests anyway, without breaking the embed.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Stare-Out posted:

I switched it off on the site but it didn't change the weird looking links. Thing is, I've had it on since forever, for uBlock too, but it's only happened for a few days. Weird.

E: I mean the links in embeds appear as bold/white instead of just blue like on Twitter.com. That can't be a tracking issue.

Oh. I thought you meant that the embeds just appeared as plain links, because that's what happened to me on the desktop until i turned ETP off.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Does anyone know if it's possible to make Firefox block/wipe all cookies (including first-party), except inside container tabs? I could use Private Mode, but I still want to keep local history, forms, downloads, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

Is anyone aware of a relatively easy to use extension or similar that would let you fill out a form, pulling from a .csv and mapping columns to fields? So you'd have X number of rows and it would just fill out the form and submit X number of times?

A browser extension is the wrong place to look. This sort of task is the domain of automation tools like Zapier or Microsoft Power.