Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Firefox has its annoyances, but Chrome is steamrolling everything else on the market, and I don't think that has much to do with Mozilla or their help pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Wheany posted:

Wait exactly 1 year.

For what, Firefox adopting Blink too?

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

In a few years, it will just be a blue circle inside a red circle

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Avenging Dentist posted:

I'm honestly not even sure if Seamonkey is still maintained...

I still see some activity:

https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/

I've never used it though. Can't imagine there's much interest in the 2019 version of Netscape Navigator.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

ADT, Dropbox, Eventbrite, Mozilla, Reddit, Vimeo, Wikimedia... honestly that feels pretty lightweight. Google and other big tech companies are conspicuously absent.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Szmitten posted:

Did right click -> View Image just get removed. Open Image in New Tab is a fine replacement I guess but that's a loving weird one.

Seems like a good change IMO, you only really need one of the two and I think opening it in a new tab is the one I'd rather have.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Saukkis posted:

I wondered why does no one seem to use the Firefox engine for other products? Is it too difficult to separate?

Probably widespread perception that Chrome's engine is the best and the only one worth using? I mean maybe the "difficult to separate" thing too, but I think it's mainly the initial buzz of Webkit followed by Google muscling it into dominance. MS/Apple in particular likely don't care about having a distinct engine from Chrome, they just want to be able to make a browser that works and has their own branding/ads on it.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

Brave's built in adblocker at least does not use the Manifest API at all so will be unaffected by the change.

https://www.spacebar.news/stop-using-brave-browser/

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

Any and all cryptocurrency stuff in Brave is opt-in. It's off by default. And I can't imagine that it's going to be a big push going forward with the huge crash that crypto had last year.

And even at its worst it doesn't use GPU mining or anything like that for its currency so even if you opt in it's not like you're wasting a bunch of energy or ruining the planet for some space bucks.

did you know it's really easy to just download firefox instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

I do use Firefox as my primary browser though?

This derail started because someone got their knickers twisted after Brave and Vivaldi’s adblocks were mentioned as being unaffected by manifest 3.

Nah my knickers are in good order, anyway I don't know why you feel the need to keep bringing up the lovely crypto browser here in the Firefox thread. I don't have any interest in continuing the derail either.

Internet Explorer posted:

Is anyone aware of a relatively easy to use extension or similar that would let you fill out a form, pulling from a .csv and mapping columns to fields? So you'd have X number of rows and it would just fill out the form and submit X number of times?

Anyway, sorry the derail is burying your question here, I have no idea if there is such an extension.