Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Biodome posted:

Ever since firefox 13 and flash 11.3 got pushed I've been having crashing issues. It's usually just adobe flash player crashing so I have to reload the tab but it's still annoying when it was working fine in FF12.

Firefox appears to believe that resolving the longstanding memory issues in 12 were a regression, because as of 13 & 14, they're back with a fury. I can hardly keep two low-profile tabs open for more than 6 hours at a time without FF blowing up to chew up over 2GB of memory and become extremely unresponsive to things like 'clicking links' and 'opening new tabs'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Axiem posted:

Fixed that for you.

And it really feels to me like Firefox 13 is much more sluggish and prone to problems than 12. How do they do this :confused:

95% of my daily Firefox usage is two tabs:
One is Zendesk
Two is a mediawiki page

Almost every other day after 8+ hours of work I have to restart Firefox 14 because it is chewing up 2GB of RAM and starting to crawl doing the simplest things like clicking links.

But hey, they have a pretty cool 3D DOM viewer built into the browser these days!