Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I'd be willing to be give 'Australis' more of a shot if I could move the hamburger menu to the left of the screen. Am I missing an option, or it is locked to the right-hand side and that is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
Possibly since updating to 39.0.3, I can't seem to detach tabs anymore. Its the wierdest thing! Anyone else run into something like this recently? I'm fairly light on extensions (Firebug, Ghostery, Privacy Badger), and not really sure what to try outside of drastic 'flatten profile' type things. I *am* running Windows 10, but Firefox has been playing nice.

(Hell, Firefox has been running *great* for me in 10. This little niggle aside, it feels faster and more responsive. Maybe its just in my head, or perhaps the upgrade just cleared some old cruft out)

magimix fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 7, 2015

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

hooah posted:

I just tried pulling a tab out and it went into a new window just fine. Using Windows 10 as well.

Thanks for that. Now I know it's worth pursuing certain other options. (So weird though! Like, what a strange thing to have stop working :psyduck:).

Edit: This just gets all the stranger... I had Facebook open, and was typing a message to someone via the chat thing. The screen flashed, there was 'boing' noise, my message vanished mid-sentence. *But*, mouse-scope behaviour on that page changed, and... I can detach tabs again. What the gently caress is even going on :psyduck:

And for the record, I *did* do stuff like close my browser. So loving wierd. But whatever. I'm too busy having a tab-detach-party :stare:

magimix fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 7, 2015

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

The Milkman posted:

Meanwhile, ads all over Firefox for iOS

I wish Firefox on iOS ran well enough to *deliver* ads. Or pages, for that matter. Hell, I'd be cool if it ran well enough such that it didn't, after the first session after installation, merely crash so hard it makes my loving iPad reboot (thats what it looks like is happening at any rate).

Edit: That said, even setting aside the breakingly-bad stability issues (literally after the initial post-install browsing session, it breaks so bad I need to uninstall and re-install, multiple times over at this point), FF on iOS has some TERRIBLE *UX* issues in any case.

Edit: Its a real bummer, now I think on it. I'm not unsympathetic to funding concerns, and I'd otherwise consider tossing a hundred bucks or two to the foundation (wouldn't be the first project I've to donated to, and then some), but FF has done so much I think is poo poo, or a bad use resources, that I feel my donation is better directed elsewhere.

magimix fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 8, 2015

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
Assuming parity with favoured general-browsing extensions (uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, Ghostery), in terms of what Firefox offers me that other browsers do not (so far as I am aware), there is one thing on the list; a persistent bookmarks side-panel. For example, neither Chrome, nor any extension for it I've seen, offer anything close enough to, or as usable as, what FF offers on that front, and that is what keeps me using FF.

For home browsing, anyway. For work, I switched to Chrome earlier on in the year (dev-focused app stuff, and collaboration tools that were in use by other colleagues).

magimix fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 22, 2015

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Im_Special posted:

I too am okay with the new bar once 95% of it is reverted.

What's the 5% you like? (I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't curious!)

The expando-thing seems baked in. Am I about to dabble in 'userchrome' for the first time?

Edit: Ah, I take that back; a browser restart was required. Fair enough!

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Now the awesome bar can increase in size even more!

With the UI overall becomming proportionally larger, perhaps the embiggening will no longer need to happen. :dadjoke:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

WattsvilleBlues posted:

That's not the new tab bar UI I'm afraid but it needs something like that.

I don't follow. For me at least, a new tab has a blue bar as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
Not for my part, no. Maybe worth starting Firefox in 'troubleshooting' mode? E.g. is the issue with Firefox itself, or possibly a plugin?