Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
It was happening to me with TMP and I've never used Greasemonkey, but this mod fixed it anyway until there's an official update:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/greasemonkey/files/tabmixplus-0.3.8.6.greasemonkey%231406-fx.xpi/download?use_mirror=cdnetworks-us-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
There may be a better way to do it, but adding this to your userChrome.css will work:
code:
/* Remove Inspect Element context menu */
#context-inspect,
#inspect-separator
{display: none !important; }
It can be found at %appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<your profile>\chrome, if it's not there then create it as a plain text file and rename.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Something they did in 7 or 8 really sped up the process for me on this slow laptop, maybe you need a new profile? It used to take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes to finally exit on its own but now it's gone in 5-10 seconds every time.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
That's because it isn't based on the file extension but the MIME type presented by the server: http://kb.mozillazine.org/File_types_and_download_actions#Unable_to_set_an_automatic_action

Unless the websites you run into this problem on fix their servers, it will not work.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
That improved it a lot, but still happens if you scroll the video off the screen. Seems to fix itself a lot quicker now, so progress.

Unfortunately I still have a bug where if I load a tab in the background that has embedded flash the focus leaves Firefox (I assume it goes to FlashPlayerPlugin.exe) so I can't scroll without clicking in the window again.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Flipperwaldt posted:

From another thread, regarding recently popping up flash & scroll & garbled display problems: "disable protected flash mode".

I don't know what that means though, just passing it on. :v:
That sounds like it turns off the sandboxing, which is supposed to be a security feature in one of the most vulnerable things you can put on a computer. I'd rather live with the very minor focus issue.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
For me the stealing focus problem seems to have been fixed, but videos still tear while scrolling. Thanks for the heads up, sometimes I don't get a notification to update for days.

edit: spoke too soon, focus thing still happens sometimes :argh:

Swilo fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 12, 2012

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD

Jippa posted:

Yeah I've tried using that. I select the box just around "who to follow" and it says it's called "div,class:flex-module".

I add this but it hides the trending box below it as well which I'd like too keep.
You have to use W and N on your keyboard to "zoom" in and out until you find the proper object (H will hide the legend if it's in the way). For that particular box it is twitter.com##.module.wtf-module.js-wtf-module.has-content which is one step higher in the page structure than what you were doing.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
That's an issue with the way that file is encoded and how Windows is handling it, nothing Mozilla can really do about it. But there's also some unresolved issues with HTML5 fullscreen mode that don't affect Flash such as network activity popups appearing on top of the video, not restoring the bookmarks or history sidebar upon exit, and automatically exiting when focus is lost to another window or monitor.

Still worth enabling to reduce Flash's presence on your computer, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Could it be related to the new Windows Media Foundation support and the way your Windows Media Player is configured?