Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cre3d
Aug 11, 2004
the one and only

Toast Museum posted:

This doesn't seem to affect vertical space use. Even if you move the Firefox button, the tabs aren't inline with the minimize/maximize/close buttons except when Firefox is maximized.

This was driving me insane as well. After wasting about 2 hours at work today, I finally found a solution that works :)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/toolbar-appmenu-button/

Such a simple thing, I can't even begin to understand why it's not the default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cre3d
Aug 11, 2004
the one and only

Neu posted:

don't they basically list this everytime, but yet firefox still uses a huge amount of memory?

I love firefox but it seems they put that into every release but it never gets THAT much better.

Been using nightly for a couple weeks now and I must admit, memory usage is less than half of what my Firefox 6 install was using. Even on pages with lots of embedded content, it's just a nice even linear progression of memory usage as tab count goes up. I dare say they plugged some leaks :)