Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Nalin posted:

I have the same issue.

Me, too. Doing a Ctrl-F5 usually fixes things, but I have no idea why it's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Superb Owls posted:

But it's generally lovely when compared to APNG which, unlike WEBM, is supposed to be used as an image format.

No one ever advocates for .MNG. :(

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I've been having weird font issues since the update to 40. Some sites look antialiased, but somehow lose that if I scroll quickly. Others look smooth while loading but get jaggy when it's finished. Poorly recorded example gif: http://i.giphy.com/xTiTnH8a139JseYjeg.gif

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Alereon posted:

Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed?

Yup, GeForce Windows 10 Driver version 353.62 on a GTX 760.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Any way to get Firefox to use the Windows 10 Mail app for mailto links?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Fangs404 posted:

I love this idea. I actually haven't encountered a site I frequent that requires flash in some time, with the notable exception of Hulu. I'm sure they're working on transitioning to HTML5, though (at least, I'd sure as hell hope so).

I mean, Twitch works in that you can grab the h264 streams with VLC, but the only html5 thing it's capable of doing in a browser are the video controls.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

pairofdimes posted:

I like the extension that turns "millennial" into "snake person".

My personal favourite turns any instance of "females" into this:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

My dad was excited for 64-bit Firefox, but two of his three separate Trend Micro extensions didn't seem to work and he was super deflated. :(

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I've noticed a weird, where if I have more than one Firefox window open, they'll steal focus from each other from time to time. Almost every reference to this kind of behaviour seems to date back to 2010 or 2011, so I'm at a loss at what the cause could be.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Upgrading to 44 nuked every cookie that Firefox had. Not the end of the world by any means, but weird.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

slidebite posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea middle button did that :monocle:

Middle clicking is awesome, especially when things like Web Twitter don't always give you a new tab when you Ctrl-Clicking on a link.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I was forced to do a hard reboot on my PC today when the video card refused to wake up properly. When I logged back in to Windows, everything seemed to be behaving normally, except for Firefox.

The font rendering is all over the place. Everything is thinner than before, and on some sites it looks like there isn't any antialiasing going on at all. In others, any text with animations applied to it looks aliased until the animation ends. I've reinstalled my graphics drivers and it hasn't made a difference. Any suggestions?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Desuwa posted:

I've fixed issues after changing graphics cards by going into about :config, searching for "gfx", and resetting anything that's not on the default settings.

This worked! Thanks.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

How can I get firefox to play .wav files natively, instead of loading up the VLC plugin? I've tried setting it to default and "always ask" and it still prompts me to use VLC.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Fuuuck.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Whoops! Google forgot/was too lazy to make Hangsouts voice/video calls work in Firefox without requiring any plugins!

https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2017/02/google-hangouts-temporary-issues-with-firefox.html

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

astral posted:

Instead, I just had Firefox offer to update me to 52.0.2esr. I'm using 52.0.2 on the release channel.

My Firefox updated to the ESR and then after another visit to About Firefox, it updated itself to 53. No idea why, but v:shobon:v.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I don't know about Facebook, but Twitter transcodes all GIFs into video elements to save on bandwidth. It might be a codec issue.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I didn't anticipate just how much I'd enjoy having the dark theme being extended to the menu and new tab page.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Has anyone else noticed the browser loading pages far far far more slowly after updating to 63?

e: It's not showing up in the Network Monitor tool - it's like it's sitting there for a couple seconds before actually sending the request for a new page

The Dark One fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 24, 2018

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Has Firefox 65 broken dark mode for you all? Instead of having my active stand out by being a mid-tone grey while all the others were dark grey, the active tab is now a tiny island of grey in the middle of a sea of my Windows accent colour.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Do you have this box ticked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

You can't open quoted tweets in a new tab, and the new method of displaying a selected tweet conveys less context of whether you opened it from your home timeline or not. The information density is also worse while the number of ads feels way higher.