Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

wooger posted:

Mozilla lay off 250 staff: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2020/08/11/changing-world-changing-mozilla/

I haven’t seen details of what kind of staff yet, though fear the worst.

They’ve also announced a new focus... on 5 different things, including commercial products.

As always, they need to focus on Firefox & employing developers.

If they have money problems then they need to move their office out of San Francisco. Paying for that plus paying SF salaries must be a killer.

TBH, I'd be down with this if it's just paid email, cloud storage, VPN, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

I'd imagine that a default search engine deal with an advertising company during a global economic crisis doesn't pay what it used to.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Can't say that this feels great.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

jokes posted:

I hate tech so much

It’s still kind of okay if you stick to Gemini or Mastodon or other poo poo that no one uses, but there does seem to be a relentless march toward disappointment.

I hate this move.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

tbh, don't mind Pocket, but i'm a rare kobo owner.