Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Fangs404 posted:

[*]Right click anywhere and make a new boolean entry extensions.checkCompatibility.<version> where <version> is the version number (i.e., 6.0b is for 6.0 beta, nightly is for the nightly releases, etc.).
[*]Set this entry to true.
I think you meant false.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Nice, I didn't know there were other builds out there. I'm trying Waterfox and it seems pretty fast compared to vanilla. Maybe the 64-bit java link they have on their site should be in the OP too?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Is there any reason why teevox.com doesn't work for me on modern browsers like Firefox 7+? Is there any way that I can make it work short of keeping multiple browsers installed?

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Is there any way to figure out why Firefox can not seem to stream media without freezing eventually? Doesn't seem to matter what codec, site, quality, or even version of Firefox I use, but pretty much every video player will stall out sooner or later, as if the buffer is empty and wont receive any more. The only suggestions I can find are disabling hardware acceleration, clearing caches, and new video card drivers, which all did absolutely nothing. I fuckin hate Chrome, but at least it makes it through a full youtube video without having to restart it.

E: I don't notice any abnormal CPU/GPU/Memory usage when this happens. Reloading the page, seeking, pause/play, trying a different video, etc, doesn't change anything. If any certain site's player stalled, they all stall and will not work again until I completely close and restart the browser. Any player stats pages just show it isn't receiving data any more. Extensions don't seem to matter as it does the same thing with a bunch loaded or none at all. I had a similar problem with Chrome many years ago, but turning off hardware acceleration fixed that, and now it's flawless even with it on.

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 15, 2022

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

Nalin posted:

Try going to about :profiles and creating a new, blank profile and see if it still is a problem. And maybe check if you have an antivirus causing issues.
Well I guess making a new profile seems to have fixed it. Still curious what exactly was happening, but whatever, it works now. Thanks.