Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Ever since upgrading to Firefox 6, links clicked in other programs won't open in Firefox unless the program is running as Administrator. Firefox isn't running as Admin, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it?

edit: Restarting Firefox fixed it. I guess since Firefox was still running from when I updated it, it was running as Administrator or something? I have no idea.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

natlampe posted:

Which gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode value was the default under 6.0.2/Windows 7? The OP doesn't say. It seems to be set to -1 under 7.0, which makes the kerning look like poo poo and all linux'y.

I changed it to 0 and it looks just like it did in Firefox 6 again.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Dexanth posted:

This is driving me a bit batty. Just updated earlier today and all of a sudden external links aren't opening. Firefox is set as my default browser but anytime I click a link in something like IRC or IM clients, it won't open.

It's definitely something in FF since I just set IE as default, everything opened fine there, swapped FF back and links still won't open.

Make sure you restart Firefox after updating. When Firefox is launched after updating it's elevated to Admin, so programs that aren't elevated can't send links to it.