Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Matty
Jan 8, 2006
Usuyami no Sekai
Anyone know of a simple extension that lets you just stack tabs like Opera? It's the only feature I really, really want that Opera has. I don't really want to use panorama, as it's awful (things are hidden, so I forget they're there). I hear a few extensions offer this as an option, but ideally I just want an extension that only does this, fast and easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Matty
Jan 8, 2006
Usuyami no Sekai

Neu posted:

don't they basically list this everytime, but yet firefox still uses a huge amount of memory?

I love firefox but it seems they put that into every release but it never gets THAT much better.

Almost the entire purpose of the Firefox 7 release was for reducing memory usage. They actually did a significant amount of work, and I've been fairly impressed so far. It still uses quite a bit, but nowhere near what it used to. I'd say it's pretty close to Chrome's overall usage for the same number of tabs.

Cool Matty
Jan 8, 2006
Usuyami no Sekai

trandorian posted:

HTML5 in firefox means you're still stuck with crap-rear end WebM, so it's going to run like poo poo, and usually worse than flash.

Firefox AND Chrome, actually. Chrome's removed/removing support for .h264.