Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
Guys, this is serious. Middle clicking doesn't open new tabs anymore. It worked just fine yesterday, and it still opens and closes tabs on the tab bar, but it does nothing when I middle click on links. All middle click-related options in about:config seem to be unchanged. It works in IE9, and I can open links in the Favorites menu in new tabs. I don't think I can go on in a world without middle click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Guyver posted:

Greasemonkey updated and it broke Tab Mix Plus. Just have to wait for the TMP people to fix it.

Edit: Forgot. Just disable one of them and middle clicking will work again.

xamphear posted:

Uninstall Greasemonkey.
Greasemonkey gone, crisis averted. Thanks.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Im_Special posted:

Also regarding my earlier post above about my problem with Hotmail, I'm just wondering if any of you use Hotmail with Firefox and if so does it run smoothly for you? At least this way I'll know if it's just me or if it's a Firefox thing and I can stop looking for a solution.
I have had issues with Hotmail and Firefox for a couple years now. It just won't load for me. I have to use Internet Explorer for that. Firefox also won't load interactive maps, like Google and Bing. It's probably some obscure setting I inadvertently/unknowingly modified a while ago.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Fangs404 posted:

Read the OP. I have an ordered list telling you how to diagnose FF problems.
I was just commiserating with Im_Special about the Hotmail problems. I don't mind having to use IE for that. Thank you though.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
I haven't seen anyone else post about this, so I'm wondering if it's just me. When playing embedded Youtubes here on the forums, I can no longer scroll the page with PageUp/PageDn/Home/End. Usually if I click somewhere outside of the video pane, scrolling would return to normal. The mouse wheel works fine, as does the scroll bar. If I switch tabs, then switch back, everything is fine. Is there some setting I need to modify to fix this? I'm using the Fancy Forums mod, if that makes a difference.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

The Dark One posted:

Yeah, I'm experiencing all of this, plus frequent plugin crashes (11.3 r300 error popup messages).
Random plugin container.exe crashes? Got that too.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
Is there a fix for embedded videos stealing focus and refusing to relinquish it? Any time I play an embedded video, not just Youtube, I have to switch tabs and switch back in order to scroll with arrows/page down/spacebar. And let's not forget where the FF window loses its active status drat near every time I load a new page.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
I'm having a really weird issue. I don't know if it is just coincidental, but it seemed to crop up shortly after upgrading to version 22. I am getting a text entry cursor (you know, the blinking vertical line) everywhere. I can click anywhere on any page and get the cursor blinking happily away right where I click. This is playing hell with my navigation, since I use pageup/down/home/end and the arrow keys to save wear on my mouse. It's really frustrating to press page down only to have the screen move back up to the top of the page, because that's where the text cursor is. Home is also ineffectual, moving the cursor to the beginning of the "line" the cursor is on.

I'd swear I've had this oddity before on an earlier version, but damned if I can remember what, if anything, I did to fix it, or if it just went away on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

pseudorandom name posted:

Options > Advanced > General > Accessibility > Always use cursor key to navigate within pages

That box is checked. Should it not be?

EDIT: Yes, it should not be. Thanks so much!