Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I've been a naval officer for 18 years and have never seen or heard that term outside a history book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Buttchocks posted:

One of my professors wrote his own textbooks, but instead of publishing them he just printed them out for us. We only had to pay $20 for the cost of paper and ink. Best professor ever.

Our offered a dollar for every error we found.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

AlternateNu posted:

I've been a naval officer for 18 years and have never seen or heard that term outside a history book.

Shiver me timbers!

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Nitrox posted:

Can you even call it a deck, when it's all buried like that?

Unfortunately this deck is a vampire and must be buried in its native soil

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"When I moved in to my GFs house there were two posts in the attic cracked. I fixed them with some clamps and boards but one looked bent and scary and two days later the repair cracked. I read these may be just left over from the attic build and not important to repair. Should I be worried that it cracked again?"

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Soon to be ex-girlfriend. Way to go!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
If it cracked, it was bearing weight.

hth

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Platystemon posted:

If it cracked, it was bearing weight.

hth

That sounds wrong, maybe it cracked by osmosis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

AlternateNu posted:

Like puzzle games? If so I can recommend Return of the Obra Dinn