Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
A friend of mine has a dishwasher with a broken switch, so he fashioned this up.

I have no idea what the train of thought was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
http://i.imgur.com/QX6W3Eo.gifv

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Synthbuttrange posted:

I wonder if these guys have mold and damp problems

Lifehack: Live in a house made of fungus. That way if you get mold, you just get more house.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Neutrino posted:

I would never poo poo in my shower.

Look at this guy with all the loving time in the world.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
Nothing wrong with blowing a bunch of warm humidity into a closed space?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
Would it be financially sustainable to buy a typical McMansion and rent out the individual rooms?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
Crosspostin' from the OSHA thread. I went to a beach resort on a business trip this week, and my shower looked like this:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Youth Decay posted:

How do you open the oven door?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Sure, when my wife says "it WILL fit in there" she gets her way, but when I say it apparently I'm a "pervert".

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
Rising Mold

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

kid sinister posted:

Cantilevers beat wind, right?

OK, but why is the ultimate fighting heavyweight world champion there?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
We recently bought a house, featuring a bathroom which made one of my friend ask if this is where Elvis died

We got the old shower and fixings thrown out and walls replaced in a couple of days, but for the last two weeks we have been staring at this, while we wait for the crew to come in and finish the job we were told would be done quick:

After a lot of astronaut washes, one night at a hotel and some showering at work, they have promised (hah!) to come in on Monday. In the meantime, I bought some washing machine hose and did some crappy construction of my own and rigged this:

If it's stupid and it works, it's slightly less stupid.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
It's not as bad as in the picture, we did have one guy here for two days who tore out everything old and put up new walls. According to the company we're using, two out of their three plumbers have been out sick, and the third one has been filling in for all of them. Some kindergartens and schools are closed due to tons of kids being seasonally sick, and it's hitting the parents too, including several of my friends, so I'm willing to believe them.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I just finished reorganising my shed and used a bunch of pallets to keep everything in like this:

But I went and actually asked the places I took them from if it was okay first because, yeah, don't go taking poo poo that's not yours to take.

I dismantled a pallet I got flooring delivered on and built it into a workbench in my shed.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug
Ever felt like you want to live in an abandoned mall? Boy do I have the house for you!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

It's the department of water and power, not the department of water OR power.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

skybolt_1 posted:

That story is just bananas. I don't understand how people can be so disconnected from their day to day reality that they wouldn't somehow grasp that maybe, just maybe, things weren't being done properly when they noticed a missing chimney. I'm really hoping that this was an absentee landlord or very elderly person scenario....

Also, I'll just leave this here as a warning to others.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2024/02/rooftop-solar-is-the-future-but-its-also-a-scam.html

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

The ground fell off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

Pillbug

Nenonen posted:

Who among us has never looked at a Dell desktop and thought "it would be fun to live inside that"?

My man, from the entrance up it is literally a Playstation 2