Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harriet Tubgirl
Apr 4, 2007

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

kastein posted:

A friend of mine from AI just sent me this link. It's pretty horrifying.

http://imgur.com/a/K7Xef

The album has 1,666 views in 17 hours up, he needs to name and shame the builder/contractor that is responsible for that and get the word out. Besides all the things mentioned, any doorways you can see don't look double-studded. You just know they're going to do a lovely job with that tub too, and the floor beneath it is going to rot away in a couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Tubgirl
Apr 4, 2007

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

kastein posted:

* multiple areas lacking chunks of studs where previous owners installed in-wall bathroom cabinets, removing whatever studs stood in their way.

* A large original bathroom split into two. Where they wanted the toilet in the new section was centered over a floor joint. Apparently they decided the best idea was not to move the toilet 6-8 inches laterally in either direction, but to cut out a foot or so of the joist to accomodate the drain. edit: Just pulled up the old pictures (so I could irritate myself needlessly) and it seems I forgot, it was even worse. It was two adjacent joists with foot long segments removed.

* Air conditioning ducts retroed into an attic with a low pitch roof, sawed out and removed all the webs on one side of five trusses in a row.

* No base plate on most interior walls, and stud spacing eyeballed, if not random. 14" gap, 20" gap, 17" gap, 9" gap, 21" gap.

Idiotic and structure wrecking, but not actually life and limb dangerous, but still
:) Thanks a lot, you lazy assholes! :)

Harriet Tubgirl fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 16, 2012