Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

We just need to get a bunch of E/N and BFC goons and drop them in a hole on the property, they'll dig out a well in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Where do you even get that many cans that aren't crushed?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I think it would be ok if it changed very, very slowly, as you roll over in bed and fall eight feet.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Just build a house with a concrete foundation that extends 15 feet above ground

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Bacon Taco posted:

Being careful when mounting onto two studs is always good advice, but may fall more into the OSHA thread.

Or r/relationships :v:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

8one6 posted:

Why is it at a goddamn angle to the rest of the room? Why is it angled away from the rest of the kitchen?

Who hired Grover to design their kitchen?

I think it might be facing the kitchen? There's an electrical outlet on the side that didn't line up if it's facing the hallway.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Arrath posted:

Is there some combo of temperature/rainfall in the embark site finder that amounts to "Trees: Yes"?

There's probably a search string you could use on Zillow I guess

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

The only kitchen safe from the Hounds of Tindalos

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I mean in my experience children will climb absolutely anything and everything possible so at least it'll keep them busy for a while before you have to take them to the hospital.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I think I might have been to that restaurant.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It might have originally been a day care or something before it was...changed.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

If there's a dense metal object in the wall would a cheap stud finder report it as a stud? I don't really even know how stud finders work tbh I just assumed they'd use ir or something and find anything denser than the surrounding material.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I'm not signed in and I can see it. I would like to see the cat though.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

I used to have a hanging chair that used something very much like this. The chair had been suspended from a simple ceiling eyebolt, which worked great. Then I moved, and I re-screwed that eyebolt into the ceiling at the new place. I wasn't 100% certain that it would hold, and so for the first test sit, I piled the couch pillows underneath it. Sure enough, the bolt popped right out after only a few seconds (I figured out later I hadn't gotten it quite centered on the ceiling joist) and the pillows worked great and saved me from bumping my butt.

However, remember the spring? (In this case, the chair was attached to the spring, which in turn was attached to the chain to the ceiling.) When I sat down, that spring was placed under almost 200 pounds of tension, and when the eyebolt popped out of the ceiling, that stretched spring suddenly found itself floating weightless with nothing pulling on its ends. And so at this point some simple physics happened rather quickly, and before I had even hit the ground, the chain and eyebolt had been propelled downward with astonishing force directly into my upturned face.

And that's the origin story of my chipped tooth.

Username/post combo

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

My favorite thing is that there is a window on the door

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Why do you have a disarticulated animal skeleton on your kitchen floor

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Sash! posted:

My grandparents briefly had a small portable TV on top of a broken normal TV on top of the console TV so that grandpap could watch the Pirates games before they could get a new TV.

Of course, the TV mound was covered with a white table cloth, so no one was the wiser.

Now I want a tv ziggurat for my living room

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

For what it's worth, my idiot inside cat got out twice. Both times she was gone for weeks, long enough that I gave up hope. Then she came back all pissed off and yelling about her adventure.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I want to do my whole house that way, but painted in various shades of red, pink, and purple.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

My idiot dog is allergic to meat.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Nitrox posted:

I understood some of those words!

My understanding is that he has a type of fragile goblin with a microchip over its rear end. The goblin was about to be railed by some guys but he had glued some chalk to his rear end in a top hat. He had to get the post office out to fix it. They had to beat the goblin, but they did it with some kind of blunt resin object that doesn't leave visible bruising. Unfortunately, they broke the microchip so now if the goblin escapes he'll just have to get another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Nitrox posted:

Can you even call it a deck, when it's all buried like that?

Unfortunately this deck is a vampire and must be buried in its native soil