Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I remember reading about how on the Lewis and Clark expedition, they met up with some natives who decided that they were cool guys and worth throwing a party for. Said party consisted of lighting a bunch of trees on fire and watching them explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Why?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
There is a good amount of space between 'shantytown filled with hoodlums selling drugs to MY CHILDREN' and 'single family mansion on two to four city plots' and yet people always want the second and then housing prices go through the roof and no one can afford to live in decent places any more! Which means the lovely areas of town get shittier and people use that as a justification to never ever build anything less than mansions. Because the only people who deserve happiness are those who can afford it, and we're gonna make that number higher every single year until the guilotines come out because god forbid we should do anything at all that does not make a return of at least a hundred thousand dollars.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

Imma take a controversial position here and say a house should have bedrooms. The suburbs are weird enough without people just plopping down a one room bunker in the middle of a lot.

Oh whoops, I missed that you were specifically responding to that lovely floor plan house last page. Yeah that's dumb. I'm just mad because I keep seeing poo poo like this in my city: https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170203/jefferson-park/jefferson-park-mixed-income-affordable-apartments-full-circle-communities

where people in a neighborhood that's 40% renters are fighting a new apartment proposal by saying everything up to and including 'black people might move in.'

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ashcans posted:

Raise the stakes on this; make it an entire stainless steel kitchen that is also a hobart, so you just seal the doors and the entire thing cleans itself and the contents with pressurized water and steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmZ5kmoICtw

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Maybe the original chandelier was gas and it was too much work to reroute the old gas lines to allow a new electric one?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

wesleywillis posted:

why would you want to but gently caress a bee?

gotta pay for the wiring job someow

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Blistex posted:

oh my god oh my god

aright, I think the main problem here is the lack of water, but I'm not a ship expert.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
So wait how did he lose the fingers then.

edit: i mean I'm all on board the "don't make assumptions about other people's bodies or ask them weird questions" train but if you own a snapping turtle farm for example and you're missing a couple fingers I feel like that's a fair ask.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Lol what's up middle of Iowa alum buddy.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The only thing deader and gayer than these here forums is our alma mater

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Man am I glad that I got a sewer line cleanout and specifically the kitchen run done before we moved in.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

I'm confused, is it too deep or what

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Arrath posted:

It got me at first. I thought it was aasphalt paved with red cinders, and that my semse of scale was entirely off based on how far below the guys on the sidewalk the guy on the "road" was.

Oh gently caress that's water okay now I get it

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

oh you took a picture of the feed lines to my dishwasher

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Wait what's the problem there, what is that machine.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
saw two pigeons light themselves on fire there.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Slight problem imo

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Finland, or North Japan as it's often called.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I don't know wresting that well, what's being referenced?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

LonsomeSon posted:

he kept posting for a long time, and was a mod for Goons in Platoons, no idea if he’s still around there

someone on the Well There’s Your Problem discord posted pictures they claimed were from a drone overflight of the Groverhaus about six months ago. People still live there

This is ancient lore at this point but I'm fairly sure there was a mass revolt in gip specifically about the fact that he was a mod. He is no longer active there in any way shape or form.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
They absolutely do but due to a combination of geography, history and culture it's more "this shrine has been in this spot for hundreds of years, we rebuild every century or so." Not a lot of stone construction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nah it's good, those brackets are rated for like 300 pounds!