Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Godzilla525 posted:

Jesus

This needs pictures so that idiots like me can understand this and so everyone can see the horrors of this house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Betting nice water leak or breaker in the new bathroom resulted. Doubt the basement had good drains installed either.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Our old apartment was the same way. Upper Wisconsin and during the winter barely ever had the radiators on because the heat from downstairs warmed us up so much. Great during the winters being in the top floor but god the summers were horrific because the heat stuck up there. We averaged about ten to fifteen degrees hotter in our apartment then it was outside. And the windows couldn't fit regular ac units either so we had to use lovely portable ones that worked barely.

Loved that apartment and the rent was great but god I hated summers.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Whats the consensuses on module homes? My wife and I will be be inheriting my grandparents house when they pass and while the acreage is great and what we want the house itself is in bad shape. I love their house but the foundation is horrible and the cost to fix it would be to much for a house that is almost a hundred years old with a basement that easily floods.

Biggest thing will be no basement when we have the house built. the water table in my hometown is much to high for a basement. Which meant when most of the houses were built they had one :v:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Close and seal the door. Then finish the pour. Make a modern cask of amontillado and seal that bathroom up. As the door gets sealed you hear a sad flush that sounds softly of sorrow and pain as the rest of the concrete comes down.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
That sub development is a suburb version of hell god theres not even a yard

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
that garage looks useless and like poo poo tbh

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
The first apartment we had was in a converted attic, the bathroom was added later in the houses history. The shower and tub were put in and the ceiling was slanted at about 45 degrees, if you reached to far forward you'd hit your head. Really wish I had pictures.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

schmug posted:

2ft deep might be adequate depending on where he is. Bigger issue is probably not having hangers, but I'm not sure I would bother either with it being that low to the ground and...I'm also pretty sure those are deck screws, not nails. If not he has some fine hammering skills to get them recessed like that.

All and all I've seen much worse. It will go to poo poo real quick if he doesn't get some paint on it to seal it, though. I gotta bigger kick out of his faucet "fix".

efb like a red headed step child!

lol sealing wont help if its untreated wood. That will help for maybe a few years depending on the area but that is gonna rot and warp in no time at all.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
You would never see a copper roof in the states it be gone in 24 hours, coppers like a dollar a pound scrap.

edit 2 dollars a pound for fresh copper

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Link you gently caress

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Ryan homes?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I remember reading about a hospital where a patient died because someone hooked up an oxygen hose to a different gas dispenser, I forget which exactly. The couplings are different specifically to try to prevent this kind of mistake, but they just jammed the thing on there anyway.

All we have in our patient rooms is Oxygen, Air, and vacuum, mixing up the oxygen and air can be happen but the vacuum one is completely different (also if you somehow did the fact that it just became a sucking line would be obvious). Then again there is ALWAYS a bigger idiot

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Imagine the cost to replace that door goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Bet half were airbnbs