Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Parents are getting divorced in the nearish future, so I've been looking at homes with my mom. This is all from the same house.

Building an addition? Just board up the window and close the blinds :v:

Apparently I didn't take a photo (probably cause we had an agent showing us around the house) but when my partner and her parents were looking for a place to buy we found a house that used to be owned by a vet. The backyard had been converted into kennels (concrete slabs poured everywhere with fenced in pens), the garage/shed out the back had been set up as a reception area/storage for birds and small animals, and they decided to build an extension off the kitchen for another bedroom. There was a massive window along the exterior wall over the kitchen counter, instead of covering it up they removed the window and made it a serving shelf. To a bedroom.

Guess if any of that was approved by the local council? It wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU