Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I'm at the pizza hut. I'm at the neighbor's house. I'm at the combination pizza hut and neighbor's house!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyfc10qDcR4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

The ant problem in my apartment is getting worse, so I put out baits and got some Borax.

https://twitter.com/nem0/status/1098333512338264064

People keep telling me I'm doing it wrong, tho?

If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.

I've used the Terro liquid ant baits with success before, but I used them as directed.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Gonna need a whole swarm to get the roof done. They better be in the drone swarm union.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

All that leaded gasoline caused a lot of crimes, even against walls.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The Bloop posted:

link? product name?

Searching "Crecent wrench" along with really any other words at all is totally useless

Here's the crescent one:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01M6VWWAW/
craftsman one that looks like most of the metal pieces are from the same factory:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00X0IYM08/
I own this one by Stanley but maybe they're not making it any more, I don't know:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009OYGZ/

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

By popular demand posted:

you could use this house as a movie backdrop for three different location around the U.S.

But what if it was the movie!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Look if you have to get into the crawlspace really fast you just use this one weird trick American homeowners use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trlj8c2xXC0

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Oops, all shingles!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

B-Nasty posted:

The Horrible Freight SDS+ hammer drill, Bauer brand or whatever, is really nice. I've beat the hell out of it drilling a concrete slab for rebar and other tasks. Those little handheld drills with hammer function are trash for any hole larger than 1/4". It's worth stepping up to a real SDS drill if you need to put decent-sized holes in concrete.

Yeah, this. I have a ryobi hammer drill and it's fine if you want to drill into cinderblock. When you get to concrete it's extremely insufficient. A rotary hammer drill (I got a refurb bosch on ebay for $115), even the Bauer one, will make a hole in seconds that would take an hour with a normal hammer drill. You do need SDS masonry bits.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Motronic posted:

Maybe not if it was in a different media - like forced air (with fins on the copper) or a water to water exchanger.

The calculations are easy and readily available because they're the same things you'd be using for radiant heat in the slab. 6 meters/yards of 1/2" copper isn't gonna do poo poo.

I'm not sure there's any way to ever make this work properly because you need to control the incoming water temperature between something like 85 to 120 or you'll do damage to floor finishing and the circulator pump itself.

Plus what's the point? If you wanted to recycle that waste heat there are better ways to do it (indirect fired water heater tank) and let's pretend the system could be made to be efficient: you're still heating up the drat room you tried to get the heat out of in the first place so now you need to over-air condition that one room in the summer.

This is an "idea" that wasn't even thought 1/4 of the way through by someone who has zero experience with anything relevant to what they are doing yet no awareness of that and a complete lack of imagination that it just might be more complicated that it looks.

It reminds me of the awful idea Linus Tech Tips had. When his channel was based in a house he wanted all of the editors he stuck in one of the bedrooms with 5 high end PCs to be able to hook up to a room spanning copper line that would take the hot water from their CPU and GPU loops and send it to radiators mounted outside the window. He didn't use a larger automotive radiator or anything, he just strapped a bunch of computer radiators together because he's a clown.

Anyway, after doing apparently no research, they spent a lot of time putting it together; even getting one of the guy's dads to help because he was a plumber. Then they just filled it up with tap water and it stopped working pretty quickly because stuff grew in the loop since there was no prevention done. I remember following to see them double down later and add a filter and a UV aquarium filter inline, but eventually they scrapped it and just moved to a new office.

They basically had the critical thinking of "I know how to build a PC, so everything must work like that" except that they didn't even take what they should've known about water cooling PCs into account, nor the history of water cooling PCs that started with automotive heater cores when there were no computer specific water cooling parts.

It was one of several projects they clearly just did with no foresight or thought into how to actually make it work. It made me realize that the whole LTT channel is really more about teenager youtube clicks than useful information. I hesitate to link it because they don't deserve views, but he's got millions of views anyway so here's part 1 if anyone's morbidly curious.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Dog door, cat window?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Hello everyone I am coming from you live from my horrible back room that is falling off the rest of the house. I came home early with a migraine so I've been in here all day listening to the house settling noises. It rained last night so things have been moving a lot, and a little chunk of drywall just fell out of this crack! Like maybe half the size of my little finger nail? Still not good.

I wanted to install a hook into that stud where the TV mount used to be so I can hang up that giant 12 foot long philodendron but maybe that's not a good idea.

Also need my migraines to go away so I can go to work and earn money to fix this room.

edit: here's the same crack from Aug 28th.

Goon learns one weird trick to turn one house into two!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I think a lot of YouTuber projects end up being done with some style over practicality. That one is April Wilkerson who built that outdoor raised tree platform thing. About 2:40 they start reinforce those stairs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcKryyH2Eow&t=160s

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

For a second I thought this was the YOSPOS pictures thread and someone had a monitor in their shower. No, it's just the peepin' window.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

PainterofCrap posted:

I'm the rando pipe sticking out of the wall.

The accent pipe is very chic this season.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Tell them you want those tiles smooth, like a shark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Platystemon posted:

If it cracked, it was bearing weight.

hth

That sounds wrong, maybe it cracked by osmosis?