Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iskariot
May 25, 2010
Those pictures really have it all. I can see water damage in pic 3 and what looks like mouse droppings in pic 4. Plus gnawed on studs or something? Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iskariot
May 25, 2010
Is that an old snus box? Or is it snuff in English, I forget. It's incredible!

Praesil - you don't have something like buyer or sellers insurance? Here we can file complaints on the previous owner if there are hidden damages like that. Sellers and brokers try to weasel out by claiming "as is" but the law states you can't hide behind not knowing about problems. Claims under a certain sum are dismissed so your case would probably not go to court. The insurance bit is just to avoid court but if the seller bought insurance, you're in for a long, difficult road of filing a claim with an insurance company.

Iskariot
May 25, 2010

Blistex posted:

(not load bearing drywall)
You have to stop posting that. I'm sitter here giggling like an idiot whenever I read it.

Iskariot
May 25, 2010
Stop it! Please! My coworkers are giving me funny looks. :(

Wonder how many reading this are scratching their heads wondering what mushroom we're having and if we share.

Iskariot
May 25, 2010
Jesus. I'll stop complaining about the previous owners of my place. God drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iskariot
May 25, 2010
I can understand giant garage/house combos to a certain extent. I want a massive bunker with plenty of man toys in it. Large enough for Hitler to think you're a bit over the top. A massive garage, metal shop, wood shop, man cave, etc.

However! If I ever get rich enough to do something like this, I want it to be somewhat esthetically pleasing. Ideally underground but if not, either the entire first floor of a house or as a separate barn-type building. It would be carefully designed to match the house, not thrown together to look as just an overbuilt garage.

If I was young(er), single and had more of an interest in cars, I could live in a giant garage/house "thing". It's an eye sore but if it's made right, it's quite cool in a giant man baby kinda way. I bet it isn't and you'd die from suffocation from running the cars inside your house.

I would kill to get my hands on a large barn where I could tinker in peace. :(