Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

We called them "Ed Specials" at my parents house, after the previous owner. They included:

A fake fireplace (fake stone thing shaped like a fireplace, with horrible plastic logs that lit up with a lightbulb) secured to the wall with an extensive tangle of twisted wire. It was a pain and a half getting that out.

Carpet in the bathrooms. Not just any carpet. Deep, plush carpet. We changed that out as soon as possible. Who the gently caress puts carpet in the bathrooms?

Massively unsafe wiring in the kitchen. We basically had to redo it all.

Kitchen cabinets cut short to fit something--we don't know what--under them. Like, they literally sawed off part of the cabinet and the door, then put a new bottom in. They were ugly as poo poo.

Carpet in the kitchen. At least this was tight knit stuff, but still. Not exactly sanitary.

Oh! And one from my house! It used to be my grandparents; they bought it back in the 50s. Built another big room out over the garage and an addition at the back. They never updated the tiny 40s furnace. Or air conditioning.

We didn't know anything was wrong until after my grandmother died and I moved in. The electric bills were absurd. Four, five hundred dollars to keep the house comfortable. We replaced the climate control stuff and, welp. Now I pay like seventy bucks.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU