Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense.

And arguably makes that not crappy construction.

It's the floor of a gas station bathroom, i guarantee there's crap on everything in that picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

love that the good ol 'just hop in your truck and run for it' technique is such a mainstay among terrible contractors. Had much the same thing from the guy I hired to trim a branch overhanging the house who promptly dropped it square on my roof and tore out a bunch of shingles; didn't help the dude who hosed up building a wall so bad the city inspector made me give him my phone so he could call him up and yell at him though

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 12, 2024

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Sirotan posted:

That's the Legrand adorne collection which are cool as hell imho. Comes in a bunch of custom colors, screwless face plates, and there's neat poo poo like touchless switches, etc etc. I considered putting them in everywhere but they were just too spendy for me.

I like how every other outlet of theirs mushes all the receptacles into each other so that you will never be able to use more than one at a time, in order to give your face plate more Blank Space™. That's design babey!

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 14, 2024

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

We've pulled everything particularly complicated or important this guy did out of the house now, and probably all the pictures of that need to wait until they're done being courtroom exhibits; but I keep finding little gifts our old GC left behind, such as the time he attempted to install a door:

He also managed to break a completely unrelated door on the other end of the house in the process, somehow

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 14, 2024

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

Wait did they dumb poo poo install the door both backwards and upside down? Am I seeing that right?

The door's right side up he just installed hardware and whatever other random garbage was lying around apparently at random, possibly using a sledgehammer, i guess on the theory that statistically some of it will line up with something (it doesn't). And (not pictured) wandered around the house attempting to trial-and-error install the door to random double door frames etc. until he stumbled across the one it fits and was placed next to and my wife was pointing to

Haifisch posted:

My favorite is this poo poo:

With the additional punchline of seeing this almost immediately after clicking through:

I think I'll stick to washing my hands sometimes instead of insanely trying to microbe proof my entire home.

That part sorta tracks, with the tamper proofing and stuff these seem primarily intended for commercial/office settings where using the whole front of the jbox conflicts with the minimalist open concept and the shitfingered employees can fight it out over who gets to plug in a computer with a grounded wire today

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 15, 2024

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

From what I'm given to understand by my encounters with the dudes that build poo poo like that, it might be easier but that *would* entail going out to the hardware store and buying lumber rather than screwing together the perfectly good pile of cutoffs they found in a dumpster, and it's not like they've got anything better to do with their time

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

idk this one definitely isn't a phone wire and we've got these running everywhere

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i"m the cthonic gollumesque creature that hangs out on that subdeck. setting up a porch garden for all my dead houseplants this year it's coming along nicely :)

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 25, 2024

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

If I'm gonna die today, I'm gonna die postin

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

PainterofCrap posted:

The impression I get from these paternoster/man-lift things is that thinking about it too much is what gets you in trouble.

Like trying to walk if you attempt to command each muscle in your body to do it.

If you try that, you cannot walk. You kinda have to roll with it.

If you're drunk enough to intuitively handle that thing lurching back and forth you're not making it to the escalator in the first place, seems like kind of a wash

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

recently had an old dude singing the praises of selling his sissy modern table saw and buying a Beaver combi, which adds a RAS and a ton of exposed belts everywhere just to make sure someone dies every time you turn it on. It's a way of life man

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

not to derail from the Laminate Wars but what on earth were they trying to accomplish to begin with? Torn between extension cord 'outlet' for the new loft, and demon 10-year-old

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Typically in us rentals if you try to take the floorboards with you when you leave you're not getting your damage deposit back, is "floor" european for a rug

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 18, 2024